2009 Litle salmon river challenge ideas

InTheBox

Hi guys,

I was talking to Beth of mikes marina and she wants to know what kind of ideas there is at making the little salmon river challenge better. Any ideas are welcome Beth doesn't monitor the boards so im going to print out any ideas and give it to her. She wants to know what you think about the size limit she's thinking about changing it to 18" or not making the penalty to stiff for weighting in fish under 21". Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks guys and have a safe winter. Can’t wait to spring already!!

Patrick

The 18 inch minimum would have worked out good last year seeing how there wasn't any Salmon around. Normally it wouldn't be an issue. It might be good to leave the 21 inch rule for Salmon and Steelhead and 18" on Browns. Also either allow lakers or at least 1 laker to be weighed.

Glen

I fished the Little Salmon River Challenge last year for the first time and felt it was a very well run event. The only thing I would DEFINATELY change is the awards part of the event. The pole barn where the awards were given out was too small and a lot of people (including myself) had to stand outside and couldn't hear what was going on. The only thing about the event I would change is to have the awards ceremony outside so everyone can hear what is going on.

Brian(Goin Deep)

A-TOM-MIK will be raising funds via an NFL type board (early 2009) to reward a cash $1000.00 prize and trophy for the team that ranks the highest fishing all 3 events, Mexico, Fair Haven and Oswego. Also another Tekota/Copper combo will be drawn from the board live at Mikes. A little something to look forward to................. :)

Tom