2009 Summer LOC

GAMBLER

I'm guessing the reason for it was because those early June fish typically had NO chance of finishing in the money at the end of the Derby anyways, and it probably pi$$ed a lot of people of to have their fish on the board for a month only to see them all get bumped in the last week or two.

We caught a 21.41 lb king in the Niagara Pro Am this year (day 2, Big Am Division King). We didn't even bother weighing it in even though it would have been 3rd or 4th on the board at that time. It would have held up on the board til 1 week before the end of the Summer Derby. Glad I didn't bother.

We also had an 11 lb 7 oz steelie caught 4th of july weekend that placed 13th on the steelhad board initially and that one held up until 3 days from the end.

Everyone knows it's mostly a waste of time entering until July anyways since the fish caught at the early part of the derby won't hold up, so why bother running that long.

I believe Mark (REELJERKS) had the leading King after the pro am, I don't see this years standing sposted on the loc board at the moment, maybe he can chime in and let us know if his fish ended up on the board at the end of the derby. i don't remember offhand.

Again, just a guess on my part, but it seems to make sense.

Tim

Tim;

Yes I did have the leading fish and it was bumped right off the board by the end of the derby.. I knew it would not hold for the LOC derby but I had to keep the fish for the weigh in of the Pro Am anyway so why not weigh into LOC. I had a few fish bumped off by derbys end. I think I ended up with one fish that held maybe 2 ? :bow:

I agree the summer derby was way to long.

Mark