EZ-Steer

yellowgold

Replaced an 1987 150 merc outboard with a new  2018 150 merc 4-stroke.  Had to order a new ez-steer for the new motor. Have had problems with them sending a mounting bracket that actually fits the new lower unit.  Sending the second one back tomorrow.  Supposedly they haven't seen the newer lower unit (obviously its more streamlined) to be able to create a proper fitting strap.  I find it hard to believe i'm the first person w/ a 150 trying to do this. Does anyone know of another company that may produce a similar product as I am losing faith quickly.  Thank you in advance...

I have had several different brackets and rods tried hooking them up all different ways nothing seems to work. I have to lock down the tension screws as far as they will go to get the kicker to turn and it's still sloppy.

4 hours ago, TrophySeeker said:

X2 on this Panther steering kit. My EZ Steer kit fits my two older Evinrude 2-strokes just fine, but I can't reach the EZ Steer rod from inside the boat if I need to reconnect it or disconnect it. The Panther steering rod can be reached from inside the boat. I bought it last fall but still need to install it.