Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A week ago I went back up on the hill to revisit a tracking job I had on a buck I lost last bow season on my property. I spent half one night and more than half the next day looking for him after the shot. I had a good blood trail for a couple hundred yards then nothing. Most of my neighbors call me when they loose a deer cause most likely I will find it I cause I've been successfully tracking critters for 50years . This one I did not, well I knew it wasn't over and went back on the mission looking for light colored leaves knowing it would be from deer hair scattered we're he layed. That's what I found at first then 40 yrds away there's the head and he's a beauty I had him aged he's deemed to be at least 4 1/2 . IMG_20190428_112051144.jpeg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Subject title is dead on.  Had to really suck at the time but pretty cool to finally find him.  Special deer.

Glad you found it. Good thing coyotes don’t eat antler. I lost a doe this fall that I 10 ringed with a perfect shot. The neighbor found her 500 yards away.  Arrow must have found a gap between vital organs and did not cut enough. You do this long enough it will happen 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Talk me out of buying this sweet boat

Im always looking to upgrade my boat.  not that I "have" to.  But I'm always looking for a sweet deal.  Well I came across this bad boy and I'm having a hard time talking myself out of it.  If those were 4 strokes id be flying down to drive it home already.  Talked to the owner today about it.   https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/d/2002-hydra-sports-2600-wa/6542099909.html

in This Old Boat

• 2012 Sweet Water pontoon boat

2012 Sweet water 24' pontoon boat with 90hp yahmaha four stroke out board. Fish finder, rod holders, live well. Led multi color lights underneath to light up the water at night. CD player with aux cord hook up, Changing room, lots of storage space, two batteries, ladder on the back,Electric trim, removable carpet.$18,000 any questions hit me up.     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• trolling flies uv pro Am uv sweet peas

I keep getting asked for these flies so I now have a ton available pro am glow uv pro am uv pro am w black uv glow sweet pea uv glow big f pm or txt 585-202-5883 if interested thanks Mix and match 6 packs 18.00

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• alot of work for this 8pt...but sweet

Saturday 930am this big guy came cruising past my stand out of bow range but in full doe search mode. 3 tending grunts turned him to my tree and the 75 grain Muzzy was on it's way. He spun and dropped as the arrow was headed for the pump station and ended up penetrating forward the lungs but smashed through 3 ribs and buried in the opposite shoulder. 37 yarder He bucked and took off running outta sight. I had a bad sinking feeling when I climbed down and tracked some 50 yards no blood at all.

in Big / Small Game

• Biter sweet...

Hey all, Attached is the deer from Saturday morning that I hit @ 10:21 AM. 150 yards of blood and then no blood. Dad and I hunted the next morning for 3 hours then went on recovery mission. Glad that I found him, but the yotes found him first. 19 inch inside spread. The ass end was torn apart and they urinated all over him. Big time bummer, but that's the way it goes sometimes. The morning was epic, with 5 bucks chasing doe all over the place, so I can't complain about that. Cheers until the

in Big / Small Game