I recently put masts on my boat to start running big boards. I had a set of super skis like the ones below. My question is does anyone else use them and like them? They don’t seem to plane hard enough even with ideal speed in ideal weather. They seem to drift back more than I like and doesn’t allow me to get my coppers out far enough from the boat as I would like. Just wondering if there is any tuning that may make them run better or any suggestions on better boards. I don’t want to build my own. I have enough work on my hands! Appreciate the help.

IMG_7999.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have run those before but never with really heavy gear pulling on them. I found them to be just ok but never loved them. I went back to inlines for now and only run shorter, shallower gear out on them. If i want to run a long, heavy copper I send it down the chute.

Alot of people seem to like Amish Outfitter boards or Auroras. When I go back to big boards I might give the Amish Outfitters a try.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, killer_kerry27 said:

Thanks Brian. I have inlines, they pull great but can be cumbersome with 400 copper and a king on the line!

I run inlines and thought the same thing, until I put Sam's Pro releases on my boards. With the front clip releasing via the SP release there is no more fighting the board + fish, that in combo with high speed reels for my longer weighted steel setups was a game changer for me.

• Like 1

You might try adding some weight to the outside board on the Super Ski’s to get them down in the water and pull harder.  I’d put it towards the rear as the last thing you want a plastic board to do is nosedive and become a submarine.  Years ago I had a set of folding plastic boards that stowed well on the boat but didn’t pull hard.  When the Super Ski’s were popular they were used mostly in the spring for Browns in shallow.  Advent of use of copper changed some board designs to pull harder.

Its fun watching the inline boards go under like a bobber when a big king smacks it though. I usually just pray I get my board back. Like fishingfool mentioned, good quality high speed reels go a long way in making it a more enjoyable experience. I've slowly been upgrading as funds allow. My first season out, my dipsy reels were so bad everyone prayed for rigger fish. All you'd here is "Come on, not the dipsy again!"

Thanks Brian. I have inlines, they pull great but can be cumbersome with 400 copper and a king on the line!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app