favorite two man shanty

salmonite

I have "The Clam" 2-man and I hate it. It's heavy, a pain in the arse to set up and even a bigger pain in the arse to get it far out on the ice and then move around without an ATV or snowmobile. I've been looking at the PakShack models by Nature Vision. All I see is a one man or a 3 man. But these things look small, light weight, throw it over your shoulder and carry them on your back like a single strap flattened back pack. Picture a typical lawn chair in a little carry sack, bigger because of the shelter fabric. You take the unit out of its carry case, open up the chair and sit down, reach behind you and lift the framed fabric up and over you. It looks wicked simple, portable, and light. But there's no floor. Wildly mobile though. I'm sure there's a promo video out there somewhere but if ANYONE has experience with this unit, PLEASE chime in. http://www.pakshack.com/

yeah they got those at gander, was going to buy one but they look pretty cheap and didn't know if i would be completely wasting my cash. the one man is 100 and the three man is 150. I only ice fish maybe 10 times a year so i was thinking i would give the three man a try.

Fishtrap is what i have and i love it, I use to have a fold down shanty but ever scene i got the fishtrap that is all i use and wish i would have bought it from the start .

Fish Trap Yukon. It is a little heavy and expensive but it is worth every penny. I have one and would not buy any other tent. You can put all of your crap in it and haul it out on the ice with worring about bungy cording everything to the top. My brother and father own the Frabill 2 man and they are ok. A lot cheaper and lighter but not built as good as the Clam. The seats are not as comfortable and as sturdy. If you want to check the Clam Yukon or the Frabill 2 man out let me know and you can meet my father and I out on the water somewhere and I will be happy to let you pull mine or my fathers out to our spot, set it up, and check it out. ;)

I have the Fishtrap Yukon and it is a very nice size for two. A bit heavy with all my equipment including a jiffypower auger and heater, trapping basket, fish finder, minow pail, and various other gadgets...but I can pull it out on the ice through a foot of snow by myself. I use a 2x 6 board for sliding it up on the pickup bed. Wind will not blow it away. sets up in less than 30 seconds and your in... very sturdy and you can stand up in it. I am 6' 3' and have no problem moving around in it and getting through the door. It also can be joined with another Yukon with a vestible making it even larger or for a four man outing. Price is good for what it is ...and that is top quality. BE SURE TO GET A TRAVEL COVER FOR IT SO YOU CAN KEEP IT CLEAN WHILE TRAVELING...elastic band keeps it secure and all the snow and road gook out.

Mark