The green hornet finally strikes

Had the afternoon free yesterday and decided to head out off the mouth of the SR minus a starter motor on my boat.  All went well 7 miles offshore and went 2 for 3 on majors.  Both fish landed took the green hornet mag spoon and the miss came on the dipsey out 230’ with a ff.  All the action happened at 85’ over 110-120 fow.  First salmon to hit the deck of the Green Hornet and my friend Dan and I were pretty excited about it.  Thanks everyone for all the tips throughout the season.  Now off to the Cape for stripers for a week.  Hope they stay out deep until I return.  

7B9E5680-6BD2-493F-9B88-1E07BC643026.jpeg

5DF265C8-E7BD-49F0-AC47-35CAB7D73B61.jpeg

B8E8B27E-DC2F-491E-8F70-D81D5D41DB6B.jpeg

Edited by greenhornet73
Misspell
  • Like 3

Thanks!  This year we are going north of Cape Cod to Cape Anne in Rockport, MA.  Have a couple charters lined up in case surfcasting doesn’t produce.  The schoolies are still around at least so hopefully should have some excitement.  Always fun to spend quality time with the family in a new area and explore together.

Cool....My in-laws had a place mid Cape for about 30 years  so I fished them out there from Chatham, Eastham, Nauset Beach etc. all the way out to P town. a lot of fun. Relatives now talking about getting another place out there so ....I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one:smile: Good luck out there. The Cape is one of my favorite places on Earth....

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah it’s an awesome spot. We stayed in Truro just before p’town once and also in Plymouth directly across the bay.  We like to try a new spot along the coast every fall.  This will be our 11th year doing it. Lots of fun and great memories along with great fishing pics 😁

A lot of good charters in Rock Harbor (Orleans) and many beaches for surf casting nearby. Very scenic and all sorts of things to do and not quite  as far out as Truro and Wellfleet Harbor is just up Rt#6 a bit. Great area especially after the main tourist season (after Labor Day). The stripers come in pretty close on the ocean side (eg. Nauset and Coast Guard Beach) although now with the Great Whites after the seals I don't know.....:lol:

Yeah the seals really hurt the fishing there over the years but still have caught some fish.  The lower cape gets the Albie’s too, I’m going to miss them this year.  I hit them pretty good at Woods Hole outside of buzzards bay one year, what a ride they give you