New Hummingbird Helix 12 Gen3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

Thanks! I'll give it some thought. I had my heart set on a 12", but I'm sure I could live with a 10" screen.

I have 2 of the 12s and a friend of mine has the 10 and for what I do Im glad I have 12s, but honestly if you aren't making money with it the 10 is all you ever need.  Not sure how many different views you intend to use but you definitely have to dedicate the full width to si to really get enough detail.  So basically you can't put up 4 views and utilize the si to it's capability...and it's the same with a 12.

6 hours ago, justtracytrolling said:

I have 2 of the 12s and a friend of mine has the 10 and for what I do Im glad I have 12s, but honestly if you aren't making money with it the 10 is all you ever need.  Not sure how many different views you intend to use but you definitely have to dedicate the full width to si to really get enough detail.  So basically you can't put up 4 views and utilize the si to it's capability...and it's the same with a 12.

Thanks, and I agree with using the whole screen for SI. That's how I use my 1198. I never use more than 2 views with 2D sonar and DI. I also have a Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 with the TotalScan ducer, which also gives me 2D/SI/DI.