Seneca Derby 2020 Recap

What a grind.... I still think we didn’t place any fish this year because I never got a 2020 pin to put in my visor. Lol. Superstitious.....yep. So we ended with nothing bigger than 7.5 lbs with an avg size of 4-5 lbs. A total of 29 for the weekend, 75% of them on the gamblers in deep water. Slow moving. The rest were on copper wire on the shelf’s. My oldest son is a natural now with a pflueger. Wish I gave him more time and it wasn’t so windy. Couldn’t catch a fish on junk lines. Just too slow but I sure tried to get the Sutton’s to roll. Monday we only ended with two and I’d say we fished the hardest that day in the wind. What we had sat and sun was gone for Monday. As I mentioned before, lots of lampreys and scarred fish. We need those under control no doubt. Kudos to PA27 who always is into good fish. Also to MJ B. I think it was her first derby, Ron will have to correct me but sported a spot in Woman’s. Nice going. Also had a Brother who stood strong for a while but managed to stay in a spot in the men’s category the last day. I told myself I was going to relax a little more this derby, I think I accomplished that. Had a good cigar and put the auto pilot on. It was good chatting it up with other Lou members at the dock or seeing them out on the water. Roy Boys, as always thanks for the hospitality. Till next year.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Thank you! Glad fish were caught it was a struggle this derby, we ended up with 18 all weekend.. 14 lakers were caught on gamblers 2 on spoons and 2 silvers on spoons.. found the silvers lake Monday morning wish we had more time.. next year! 

Thanks for the shout out to Mary Jo Mike. It wasn't her first but she hadn't fished the derby in about 20 years, she was excited to be out in the boat for the weekend. She brought in almost every fish, and was able to be on the board in the women's Division. We ended up with about 17 for the weekend. 16 Lakers and 1Landlock, which was the only fish we boated on the Windy last day.
Thank you to Stivers Marine and Derby officials for making the Derby possible this year. It brought a sense of normalcy in this crazy time. Looking forward to next year.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I must have been doing something wrong lol. You say it was a grind but hose numbers don’t sound too bad to me! We caught one fish at about 8 am on Saturday and that’s it. We skipped Monday because morale was down and we didn’t want to fight the chop. The three days after the derby we rented a cottage on the lake and still no fish. We even struck out on the smallmouth and northerns. We tried a bit of night fishing- both jigging and trolling- still with no takers. We were marking plenty so I don’t know what the problem was. The one ‘bow that we caught had a small lamprey.

8230ECB9-89AD-4514-9CB0-CF69379FFF22.jpeg

9204A36A-370A-491B-A457-CFDCE347D580.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the shout out to Mary Jo Mike. It wasn't her first but she hadn't fished the derby in about 20 years, she was excited to be out in the boat for the weekend. She brought in almost every fish, and was able to be on the board in the women's Division. We ended up with about 17 for the weekend. 16 Lakers and 1Landlock, which was the only fish we boated on the Windy last day.
Thank you to Stivers Marine and Derby officials for making the Derby possible this year. It brought a sense of normalcy in this crazy time. Looking forward to next year.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It’s been so long I couldn’t remember, now she’s in it for next I bet. Glad she was out there with ya.

CP, nice rainbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1