West Coast Style Lures For The King

stan

After all these months of reading your post, thought I would drop this on you. Before they

closed our salmon fishing in the ocean, I have fished the Pacific since I was a boy with my dad and grandfather. One of the top producers we used in the ocean was a Mepp's Giant Killer. The two top colors for us, where the orange, chartreuse. The top spoon was the superior, it comes in a 50/50 brass and silver, also the straight silver. Now just in the last couple of years the 6"Grand Slam Buck Tail has been added to the arsenal . If they ever open it up again to the anglers out here. So this year I will be fishing for Kings and Coho's out of Washington state

Did you mean MEPPS GIANT KILLER Stan? If so maybee check out some of the tandem inline Musky/pike spinners. Most Muskie spinner companies make a smaller version for pike. I do really like the mepps spinners and grew up with them though so they are a favorite of mine. Just a thought

My best lure in Alaska was a large Vibrax spinner with orange treble fur. Casting off river mouths, and even trolling off the back of the boat.......it outfished everything, even whole herring. I have often thought about running them in Lake O, but I have so much other crap to use that I never get around to it.