Seneca Severn 3-7-09

Launched at around 6:30, tons of perch guys out. Went south 1-2 miles fished between the points. 100-140 fow 10 for 15 all Lakers. 8 on dipsy's 2 riggers. All on flasher fly green dolphine, Mt. Dew, habanero, you know the deal GREEN stuff. Out 220-245 down 75, and 86. 4 were 3-4 lbs. one was 7lbs the rest 4-5 lbs. lots of eels marks :@ Gonna eat a couple for dinner tonight. not the eels.... pulled up at 11:30 and then got caught in the rain loading and the rest of the way home. Felt good to try my new toys. The new fourstroke 8hp Merc. ran beutifull I think I am going to like it. Can't wait to go again and try some LL and Brown setups. 22-250

Oh I fish the flasher/flys because they are so productive for Lakers. I usually run dreamweaver strong flies, howie flys, or G-flys. Really seems to me color is more important than brand but some other here may say different...Any one here swear a certain fly brand out fishes others??

TD

Has anyone been fishing for northerns?Coming down tomorrow and heading to the north end.Any info would be great,i have`nt been in there before so it`ll be new.Put my ice gear up and uncovered the boat for some last minute pike action.Thanks in advance

Bob S

Bob,

I'm planning on heading out there on Sunday for one open water jaunt before the close; so you'll have to report back here tomorrow night. I haven't been yet this year, but all the reports I've seen on multiple sites have been positive: along the shore to 1st drop all around the lake. and the seneca cayuga canal is usually good too if you get blown off the lake proper.

the city launch is probably a better bet than the state park marina down the road for likely open water, but I'm not sure if any of the launches at the north end are in fact open water yet so be prepared for a plan B launch site in case you have to head further south. I've been trying to check out the Ramada webcam but its been out of service. think the last time I got a pic it was still some ice in the north end earlier this week.

Will be making my way to the allegheny res in a few weeks. no way I can make it another 2 months of not throwing the big baits...

good luck!

we were down there last weekend fishing from the pier and i just could`nt take it!!!!!Had some muddy water come in and i could`nt get to the edge.NOT so this weekend.5 were caught,nothing big but a report of an 18lbr was circulating a week prior.All the north was open but the launch @ the ramada was LOW.Thats the only one i know of.I`ll get in somewhere.Big toothy awaits!!!!!!

got it thanks. can't figure out how to reply to a pm on my mobile though...especially after a few pops on st paddys...

we are launching from the state park by the canal. tan and white nitro fish ad ski...see you tomorrow!

thanks again!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I'm looking to do some trolling on Seneca this weekend for Lakers, and i noticed that a couple of you talking about flasher/flys....can somebody explain to me what this setup is and how it works? Any suggestions for trolling on Seneca would be great also! Thanks a lot!

http://www.atommiktrollingflies.com/combos.htm

Here's a good example. Anything Green/Blue works Good for lakers. Get them right off the bottom and they push the water around as they spin about a 2 ft diameter...First Time I used one a couple years ago, I was amazed at how many more fish I caught. I'm still not up to the numbers Ray K. is hitting, but I can pull limits consistantly.