Off topic - deep sea fishing out of Glouster MA

I’m looking for any advice about best time to go deep sea fishing on a limited load party boat 12 hr trip. We can go from early July thru august, anyone have any suggestions on better times to go? Any haddock migration, breeding, etc that we should consider vs picking a semi-random date? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm not sure about the time frame and species availability then but Dave Marciano mentioned this one to me and said that he had taken Vets out for special outing etc. on their boat so I spoke with the folks as they are located conveniently right downtown with good sized parking lot setup and easy access. I didn't have time to go then but grabbed a brochure. Might want to call them for details.side1.thumb.jpg.feb78176cc25df41834e8f9484c6b424.jpg

side2.jpg

I only remember all day trips which were 8hrs.  I looked into Yankee Fleet but I went with Clipper Fleet.  I think he folded.  The slots were killing his business.  You would catch haddock and cod all day long but only end up with a handful of keepers.  Most were an inch too short.  It was still more fun than shopping with my wife.  Good luck.  It's the east wind you have to worry about if you got a weak stomach.

I have fished Yankee Fleet before even did 1 and 2 day trips. I found that they charge a little more than the guys in New Hampshire. Both Eastman's and Yellowbird do 12 hour marathons. Personal choice for me is the Yellowbird as far as time of year May and June are good but it all depends on tide and day. Sometimes you can catch only a couple other times a bunch. I do about 20 trips a year between Yankee Fleet, Yellowbird, and Eastmans. My personal thought is that they are pretty much the same except the New Hampshire boats do a better job on fillets. I am actually going out Easter Sunday on the Yellowbird then 5 days the next week. April 1 - April 15 you can keep 1 cod over 21" and 15 Haddock then after April 15 15 Haddock per day. It may change as new regs come out May 1 2021 I believe. PJ