Turtle Marine - This is a good way to do business?

I was searching around the internet for a transducer adapter. I found a company that had it for 65.99 http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... Id=1215222.

I then found a company that had the exact same poduct for 81.11 This company says they will match any price if you email them the competitions. Here is what it says on their homepage. "We are so sure that our prices are the lowest in the world that if you can find a better price anywhere for any item in our store, we will beat that price. http://www.turtlemarine.com

Here is his response when i sent him the lower price

Hi Michael, Sorry, on that item we can not price match. That is one great price. Thank you, David Turtle Marine(800)-785-5317

Then my response

What do you mean? Then how can you advertise this? Also you put it in bold

His Last response

Dear Michael Weaver, Sorry we can not price match, that is below our cost! That is one great deal. Thank you, DavidTurtle Marine

Not a big deal to me for 15 dollars but just the idea that a company makes this Guaruntee and then says that. :no:

I just fired an email off to them & would like to see others do the same so they live up to their "Guaranteed Lowest Prices". I also feel they should be reported to the Attorney General of CT along with the Better Business Bureau. :@

Just thought I'd let you know that your company was just on our site at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10030

I don't think it's very good business to advertise that you can beat the price of any item in your store if you're not going to live up to your advertising. Your site also says "Guaranteed Lowest Prices". Quite frankly I think it should be reported to the Better Business Bureau of CT.

Have a nice day.

One bad reply to this company and every one is after him. In this economy if he didn't have it in stock and had to order it for more money. That's understandable as was his reply. But on the other hand he should not advertise the way he is on the Guaranteed Lowest Prices. I would call him instead of e-mailing and let him and you talk it out before I put his business out in a negative way for all to see. I have no idea who this person or company is. But I think he or they deserve a fair shake before they get put down on an open forum.

800-785-5317