Owasco Pickn a few Bows

Lake starting to set up, still a bit all over but better fishing then last weekend. Temps good from 40-60. Ran copper, cores and a rigger. Fished off the toon again as my truck is in the shop. Saturday started slow and left my phone on shore, picked a few small lakers in the column then hit a jumper. Nice bow hit the net for a quick release. Started circling and I had a small frenzy. Picked 2 more bows and a small brown. Wind started to build out of the north and trolled to the next point, rigger fires with a good bow.......right to the copper she went, jumped and gone.......but she was nice enough to leave the spoon in my copper..........this continued throughout the day and died on me around 4. Sunday morning brought the phone and the wife,  hit the water after breakfast and found some good bows concentrated, worked them till the trolling traffic got heavy then called it. 6-8 on bows, 2 small browns and a few small lakers up high. Stayed just above the temp but still couldn't get a solid program set. Rigger was king and the copper and core on boards took a couple hits, that'll change in a few weeks. Fleas not bad at all. Trolling should be good for all in the south shore tourney.....good luck to all.

20210613_114549.jpg

20210613_112659.jpg

• Like 6

Nice, that's a good box for this lake, noticed some old school copper rigs in some of those pics.....hand pulling copper is a workout......but fun to feel that hit for sure.  Used to fish with a friend on cayuga pulling copper with twin minnows,  some fun times over there.

Nice, that's a good box for this lake, noticed some old school copper rigs in some of those pics.....hand pulling copper is a workout......but fun to feel that hit for sure.  Used to fish with a friend on cayuga pulling copper with twin minnows,  some fun times over there.

I think he sleeps with those boxes......[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app