First Crow Hunt

idn713

Put a roadkill deer out for yotes and foxes but today crows were all over it. I had nothing better today so what the heck, I’ll do a crow shoot.

Got to the spot, hid in the hedge and fired up the icotech call with crow gang calls. In ohhhhg roughly 2 minutes I had a gang of crows all over me, I folded one immediately and missed like 5 others lol. In the future I’ll need to figure out the scouts first cause after I opened up they boogied pretty quick. 

I gotta say, crow hunting is pretty fun! Fast and furious is an understatement! 

45568378-7DAB-4C33-979A-2CF237064511.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice job kill all them "bird nesting destroyers" #savetheturkeys . Crows kill lots of turkey nests each year. 1 crow could be a flock of birds .....

Can't beat a good crow hunt !!! [emoji23]. It is a good time! Not bad for a bait pile hunt. Get on a flight and it's a blast. Scout bird , it doesn't matter if u shoot the scout they will come back to the dead 1 if they are going to come back . Give it some time out there could be a lull between flights. Decoys are good to have. Make them look as real as possible , as in how they are sitting . Do some reading and u will be amazed how smart these birds are . For a call try feeding frenzy or a destress call . Got out a couple times this year but not as much as I would like to. PXL_20220107_155014137.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We used to hunt them all the time, and it was a blast. But I have a buddy who bowhunts but won't hunt crow on his land because of a childhood experience. He lived in northern CA, and there was a crow that they'd feed by hand, his sister and him - it would return year after year and walk to school with them - this went on for five or six years, until the crow presumably died. So yeah, I'd say that they are pretty smart birds. 

I still shoot them when I can.