Sea Nymph 19.5 Center Console Restoration

Great_Laker

Looks great. I've run a mid 80's 195 GLS for over 30 years, repowered in 2016, refloored in 2012. Aside from that, a couple steering cables. Pretty bullet proof rig. Safe. Never lost a rivet.

But

Got an itch I had to scratch. Bought a Crestliner Commander. Old gal will be for sale on here next month.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prof T said:

Looks great. I've run a mid 80's 195 GLS for over 30 years, repowered in 2016, refloored in 2012. Aside from that, a couple steering cables. Pretty bullet proof rig. Safe. Never lost a rivet.

But

Got an itch I had to scratch. Bought a Crestliner Commander. Old gal will be for sale on here next month.

Congrats on the new rig! When you replaced your floor, what did you use? I replaced mine in 2017 with 1/2" ply coated in epoxy but looking back should have used something closer to 3/4" to get a more stable platform, bit of a sag near the edges of the gunnel in two places.

I used 1/2 marine, sealed both sides in west system, 3 coats on edges. My foam floatation actually supports floor in lots of places.

Old plywood was so decayed that I was able to remove carpet intact, cleaned up nice and replaced. If I were to do it again I’d put down vinyl.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Picked up the boat today with the new Honda mounted and gave it a couple hours of riding for the 10 hour break in period. Man is this thing quiet! 40 mph winds on Cayuga didn’t play fair but in a short burst the engine pushed the boat faster than my 90 hp two stroke around 38 mph. Can’t wait to start fishing

27F2A4FC-ECFE-4191-A746-CB1CB8CFBEDA.jpeg

260B576B-A8AF-44BF-8E67-D2DCB83A5E4F.jpeg

A58E3111-7400-47F0-8461-47EB5DE8DCBB.jpeg

A99FD71E-CAE2-4A36-B1E8-A59292E4899C.jpeg

3CA9256C-E6CB-4007-9186-3FBA611E7ADB.jpeg

• Like 3

I've been running a 19.5 GLS for 23 yrs. I totally gutted it and put new floors/floatation in it in 99. They ARE IN NEED AGAIN in the back. Love the boat . You did a fine job with yours. Here's a shot of mine running coppers off boards, Divers & riggers.  

Fair Haven 020-crop.JPG

• Like 3

I just sold mine this spring was in need of a restoration the boat served me well but some physical limitations make that type of work un realistic for me you will like that commander they are very nice boats. I got dozens of response s on the seanymph so yours should sell quick

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Great_Laker said:

Thanks Todd, i believe it use to be your Sea Nymph before i owned it

Mine was a 1987, with a 1986 Evinrude 90. I owned it one year, and I had to have it rewired. I also put a new NFB steering cable in it. It's hard to keep up with how many owners have had it after I sold it. It didn't take me long to realize I needed a bigger boat with a porta potty and a cuddy cabin for my disabled wife. I don't know why someone would use PT plywood in an aluminum boat. It's not hard to find information on the internet about that sort of thing.

It appears your boat is in the right hands now. They are a great platform for a 19ft boat, and deep enough inside to feel safe in rougher water. I hope you catch a lot of fish with that boat. Best of luck and stay safe.

1 hour ago, Todd in NY said:

Mine was a 1987, with a 1986 Evinrude 90. I owned it one year, and I had to have it rewired. I also put a new NFB steering cable in it. It's hard to keep up with how many owners have had it after I sold it. It didn't take me long to realize I needed a bigger boat with a porta potty and a cuddy cabin for my disabled wife. I don't know why someone would use PT plywood in an aluminum boat. It's not hard to find information on the internet about that sort of thing.

It appears your boat is in the right hands now. They are a great platform for a 19ft boat, and deep enough inside to feel safe in rougher water. I hope you catch a lot of fish with that boat. Best of luck and stay safe.

That's the one! I wasn't saying you were responsible for the rotted transom in the previous post, i'm sure its been owned by a handful of people since 1987. I just like finding out the history of the boat through LOU. I originally bought it in 2017 from the fella you sold it to and discovered that when i was searching LOU for ideas on how to restore a sea nymph and saw your 'for sale' post from 2016. Its funny how GL boats never seem to leave, just passed to the next guy. I love the boat, thanks for passing it along! Good luck out there this year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great_Laker said:

That's the one! I wasn't saying you were responsible for the rotted transom in the previous post, i'm sure its been owned by a handful of people since 1987. I just like finding out the history of the boat through LOU. I originally bought it in 2017 from the fella you sold it to and discovered that when i was searching LOU for ideas on how to restore a sea nymph and saw your 'for sale' post from 2016. Its funny how GL boats never seem to leave, just passed to the next guy. I love the boat, thanks for passing it along! Good luck out there this year

I didn't think you were accusing me, sorry if I came across that way. It probably needed a new transom when I bought it. I was providing a short history of the boat.

I'm glad you bought it and made it right. It will serve you many good years. You did a great job of bringing the boat back up to it's full potential. That's awesome to see!

• Like 1