The past couple Summers I took my son and his high school buddies out on Cayuga lake for some afternoon wake boarding followed by a little trolling.  His one friend Devin enjoyed it so much he was ready for more, so this morning he joined me for his first Ontario trip.  Pretty chilly most of the morning from a  SouthEast wind but it didn't make much wave so we were fortunate compared to those fishing farther West.   Colored water extended out past 30 fow in some areas.  Slow early with a few small Browns, then this 14 lb slob Brown, (the picture doesn't do the fish justice), crashed the party followed a little later by these sassy Kings.  1 King snatched a stick, otherwise all spoon bite with Orange/Green patterns dominating.  Finished up with my regular trusty copilot taking her first swim of the season!  A great day on the water!!

IMG_20220501_054548232.jpg

IMG_20220501_092841017.jpg

IMG_20220501_103323911.jpg

IMG_20220501_101847234.jpg

IMG_20220501_134346953.jpg

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, Reel Doc said:

The past couple Summers I took my son and his high school buddies out on Cayuga lake for some afternoon wake boarding followed by a little trolling.  His one friend Devin enjoyed it so much he was ready for more, so this morning he joined me for his first Ontario trip.  Pretty chilly most of the morning from a  SouthEast wind but it didn't make much wave so we were fortunate compared to those fishing farther West.   Colored water extended out past 30 fow in some areas.  Slow early with a few small Browns, then this 14 lb slob Brown, (the picture doesn't do the fish justice), crashed the party followed a little later by these sassy Kings.  1 King snatched a stick, otherwise all spoon bite with Orange/Green patterns dominating.  Finished up with my regular trusty copilot taking her first swim of the season!  A great day on the water!!

IMG_20220501_054548232.jpg

IMG_20220501_092841017.jpg

IMG_20220501_103323911.jpg

IMG_20220501_101847234.jpg

IMG_20220501_134346953.jpg

Great way to pay it forward and introducing a new generation of fisherman.   Keep on keeping on!!!

5 hours ago, billbobthorpe said:

Great report! We were out there as well. Didn't get a king but enjoyed the slow pick of browns. We took a break this morning. Maybe head back out this afternoon. Definitely tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Still learning the ropes fishing Ontario so I feel very fortunate to boat my first shallow King last week and then get into 2 for a newcomer yesterday.   After dealing with those 2 flying around behind the boat I believe he is hooked on fishing Ontario.  Glad to hear you were out and can get out again soon.   Let us know what you find out there!!

• Like 1