Sandy 6/26 Nothing but Net

We so suck. Decided with the heat today to get out early and try the brown thing inside. The report had browns in 60-80', but we found 52 degree water down 55' over 60', so we slid in. 45' was the magic depth, loaded with bait, perfect temps, and we proceeded to slam the stockie salmon - so much so that we slid back out so as not to mess them up too bad. Our consolation prize was a 3 lb laker, which was - either astoundingly or not surprisingly, depending on how good of fishermen you consider us - our biggest fish of the morning. Back at the dock by 9 am.

Telling ourselves that we're saving it for the Shootout. Lies, but you gotta get through the day somehow. 

• Haha 1

You do not suck alone!!

On Saturday out of the oak the only other boat we saw with a fish on lost the small 2-5# fish at the net!  Yes we laughed!  

But our payback was only pulling in one shaker!  We marked bait at all ranges but couldn’t buy a bite!

For the life of me I can’t figure out why I suck so bad!!  The problem is that it is consuming me to break my curse!!! But I have to work all week!!

I am going to try some lighter leads off my 25# mono and longer leads off my riggers!!  Something has to give!!

21481DCE-899A-4CAD-A8EA-8565B8B371F9.jpeg