Our East Fork Barberians team started the day in ~140 fow, lacking much of a plan since the day prior was spent offshore...where there were plenty of smaller kings and steelhead, but not enough of a box on Friday to justify an early run. We threw out a mixed bag of spoons, Spin Doctors, and meat rigs on DR and wire divers, then headed N. And rotted. For nearly three hours. I think by 8:00 we had one small king and a steelhead, both released. That changed when we passed through the heavy scum line in 360'. Over the next couple hours we had a mid-morning bite like I've rarely seen this time of year - I expected an early binge, then some noon action. Not yesterday. We picked away at them until we had a box of kings in the upper teens, nothing spectacular, but at least something to weigh in, until the lake went flat and the bite died for us. We weren't able to pull a quality upgrade, but we also didn't loose a single fish (same as last year), which IMHO is huge. Part of the reason for that is we only ran four rods once we found fish, and we realized that the meat bite had turned on, so we loaded up on big flashers with JK heads and strips. I think that sometimes less is more. Particularly with those wicked currents and the early stiff breeze. At weigh-in, we managed to squeeze out 7th place and felt lucky to cover costs. 

Congratulations to Tomahawk for the win (makes getting eaten by mosquitoes worth it), to all the teams who plated a great game, and to the organizers for their hard work in pulling off the show without a hitch. Brian's TV made watching the standings change with each basket weighed even more fun! We really appreciate the work you guys put into this!

• Like 6