Team Reel Hookers Sandy Creek Shootout

I decided to try and fish the SCS for the 1st time ever. We launched from the Genny since 2 guys were from Webster. Team was made up of buddies I hunt with. One guy fishes once a year.  I wanted to go out to 400+ but the lake was rough so we started at 150. We ran 2 riggers stacked. 2 dipseys and a 300 copper. I have never ran copper on my boat or meat. That will change for sure after yesterday. Within 15 minutes we had a fish on the copper that had meat on it. Landed that fish that was around 17lbs. We thought this is going to be a good day. Things were slow after that but we would have a few every so often with 2 doubles. We kept a bow since it was bigger than the skippy kings we were catching. We got out to 410 and dipsey pulling meat goes for a ride. Landed that fish that was around 19. We just needed another decent fish for our 4 fish box. Well that never happened. Maybe we should have kept a smaller king for the 4th fish but I figured we would get something bigger. We went 7-7 and we also didn't loose a single fish. 5 fish were on meat, 1 on spoon and 1 flasher fly. Guess I will start fishing meat. We decided to make the drive to weigh station to see how we did against the “Big Boys” and since it was our 1st time just to see what it was about. Was nice to pull in the parking lot and see a nice crowd. Got to see some familiar faces that I see on social media. No idea where we placed with 3 fish and where the 4th smaller fish would have put us but I know not in the money. In the top 20 out of 43 team would be cool for us rookies. 

Congratulations to all the teams who placed and thanks to the organizers for running what I thought was an very organized fun event.

My one buddy who fishes once a year said he wants to do it again! Great time with good friends and fish is a bonus. 1 team member couldn’t make the weigh in and no one wants to see me in any more pics. 7B25A5D6-73C8-438A-B72B-87037C3D5105.thumb.jpeg.cd8044e773583c25d85e4b68d8f78e22.jpeg

•  
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The whole idea of this tournament was for the weekend warrior crew and small boat owners to compete in a local venue - it's gotten bigger over the years, but it's still anyone's game to win. Glad to hear that you were successful and enjoyed the tournament!