We lost another Great Man yesterday.

We lost "Big" Dave Marks yesterday.  He finally succumbed to the cancer he had been fighting.  "Big" Dave was just that, his heart was bigger than he was.  He was always there with a smile and even a good story to tell.  He loved fishing almost more than his family.  Whether it be Lake Ontario or Cayuga Lake he was always eager to wet a line.   He was also a Board member of ELOSTA for the last 10 years and was always involved with our events in one way or another.  

On a personal note, for me he was a part of Team Tall Tails, as our observer for the last nearly 10 years.  He would always tell me he loved doing it as it was "Lunch and Show".  I would laugh every time he told me that.  He would also do whatever he could for us whenever we asked whether it was helping move the boat down the lake or run to a tackle shop for a last minute item, we could count on him.  And he would always show up with some tackle saying hey I heard this is hot right now.  Dave was just a fantastic individual and the world will miss him.  

If you would keep Donna his wife and his whole family in your prayers right now, I know it would mean a lot to them.

Thank you,

Brian Garrett

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

May he rest in peace and his family find peace as well. Very difficult being on the "sidelines" while someone you love is going through and fighting this horrible disease....been there unfortunately. RIP Dave.