Genesee River Pen Project on April 10, 2023

Great showing for the Genny Pen's splash down work party. A big shout out to Skip from Shumway for use of the area and equipment used to set the pens. And Sam (Dream Catcher) for coordinating the event. And Capt. Larry Hammond for his super precise boat handling at setting the pens into the docks

pen pics.jpeg

• Like 2

It is cool to watch how the DEC load those fish into the pens. They did a great job.

If anyone would like to be on the hand feeding schedule, please contact Randy Callus at 585-739-0569. 

Its actually pretty fun to go down and feed the fish and see them boil up on the feed like a school of piranha. 

Great job by all the pen rearing sites volunteers. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 3:41 PM, King Davy said:

Brian you seem so paranoid about TU. I know how the comment tally ended  up. Number one there wasn’t nearly as many comments from any particular group as you seem to imagine. 

Is the comment tally public information or do you have to be in the know? I'd love to see these comments and the tally.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 10:12 AM, Yankee Troller said:

Is the comment tally public information or do you have to be in the know? I'd love to see these comments and the tally.

Honestly Rick I simply called the DEC and asked. I doubt they’ll publicly share the actual comments and expose people’s personal email addresses.

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow 05/03/2023. Genesee River salmon pen rearing!!! The babies are ready to released into the wild. They have grown like unreal. If anyone wants to help release these kids to the wild, and help with cleaning up the rearing pens, we'll be at Shumway Marine starting at 3-4PM tomorrow afternoon05/03/2023. I have 2 people lined up with power washers for cleaning the pens. We really need people to handle the pens, cutting off the nets and stacking the pens on the trailer to be stored for the year. Shumway Marine has been unbelievable as a host to this project, thank you. If anyone wants to show up to help, I'll se you there tomorrow!!!!!!

• Like 1