First time out. Caught 13 browns and an atlantic. First atlantic on the big pond. Had a few doubles. All released. 6 rods between my son and I was pretty exciting at times. Most fish caught were near Webster park. Also first time catching fish for on chinook diver out 15, close to the boat. Surprising they come to grab that setup so close to the boat. Caught the Atlantic with that diver setup. Started with all natural color spoons out then substituted to a couple bright bayrats and brighter spoons once I saw the murky water. Good First trip for us!

20230410_090611.jpg

20230410_104324.jpg

20230410_142008.jpg

Edited by troutman10
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, adesalvo said:

Nice Report and thanks for posting the pics!  

was it busy today? Yesterday there was about 4 boats out.  

I love the chinook divers, Inwonder if they work for browns on the finger lakes?

It didn't seem real busy. Saw maybe less than 10 boats. Everyone seemed scattered. Got away from the crowd east of webster park then headed back west. Kept picking at them.

I'm told that same dipsy presentation works on the fingers. A bit reluctant to try it but I think I might sooner or later.

5 hours ago, troutman10 said:

It didn't seem real busy. Saw maybe less than 10 boats. Everyone seemed scattered. Got away from the crowd east of webster park then headed back west. Kept picking at them.

I'm told that same dipsy presentation works on the fingers. A bit reluctant to try it but I think I might sooner or later.

I will be on canadaigua Sunday targeting browns and will give it a try. 

• 2 weeks later...