The weather couldn't have been better... Fishing? A grind ... 

Started in relatively tight on some good colored water. Fish we took were on citric shad short shallow rat, silver Smitty, gold(ish) Smitty... Spoons that worked were stingers in blonde chicken wing, regular chicken wing, and Gold perch. I did have a couple shots on the stinger mongoose on a weight rod.   My riggers were parked anywhere from 6-10 feet down and 45 feet back. Chinook divers #1 back 15 & 20 feet back were probably our best set ups. I think we ended the morning 8 for 11 or something like that... Wasn't great, but wasn't terrible.

It's crazy how quickly the fish shut off due to boat pressure ... And there was a ton of boat pressure ..

Hopefully the upcoming cold front will put us back a little as far as spring conditions go. 

Tight lines!    

• Like 4

I would agree - sorry for not posting earlier. We wound up with 5 browns, a nice smallmouth, a 20 lb laker in 25 feet of water, 15 feet down, and a Cisco in 5 FoW on a stick (first one for me and super neat to see). Fishing was a steady pick until around 9:30 away from the traffic, then it slowed. It was a split between Thunderstick Jr's with orange belly and Glow Frog spoons on the riggers parked between 5 and 15 feet down, depending on the DoW. Beautiful day to be out and a great initial run. 

Thanks to all, 

Flanman