Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The reason eggs should be banned. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. That is a common theme with everything in that place.
  3. Buy the saltists. Save your money and buy them over time. You will not regret it.
  4. I have the older sportpilot plus and it works great. The compass that comes with it has to be mounted as far forward and close to the hull as possible. I don't know if this unit has the same compass set up but if it does, make sure it is mounted in the right spot. Also if you have a bad steering cable, it will hinder this unit.
  5. Over time, the lakers will adapt to eating gobies. They have adapted well on Lake Ontario. Gobies will go way deeper than 60'. I have caught lakers in 200' of water that were coughing up gobies. The USGS also finds gobies in the trawls on Lake Ontario as deep as 300+'.
  6. With gobies invading some of the Fingerlakes, you will start to see the more aggressive lakers on the bottom. Gobies are easy meals and they have to cover less water to find them. Those suspenders will spend less time searching for alewife and key in on gobies.
  7. The hook tied above the sinker is a big snagging method. They cast out a heavy weight with a treble above it and hold it tight until a fish runs into the line causing them to get snagged.
  8. Anyone interested in feeding the salmon, contact Legacy or myself here.
  9. At the ELOSTA flea market, I did a seminar on Finding and catching trophy lake trout.
  10. Oak Orchard???? Sandy Creek! Free launch less traffic and some of the best laker water on Lake Ontario!
  11. You are welcome! I'm glad it helped!
  12. If you are looking for Fingerlakes tackle spoons, check out Hawks tackle or contact Motoman on here. He is making the same patterns on the same blanks. His stuff looks really good!
  13. Nothing beats a scrappy spring king on brown trout tackle. Great report Rick!
  14. Nice report Bruce. I hate hearing stories of people messing with other peoples boats. Not cool. Hopefully they get caught.
  15. Past where the thermal one intersects to bottom. You will find smaller Lakers just past the intersection and bigger ones out past it and deeper. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. Less than 48 degrees. Most of the Lakers I find are in 39-44 degrees water. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. Less than 48 degrees. Most of the Lakers I find are in 39-44 degrees water. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  18. I have found they do not work that good once you get shallower than 50’. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  19. [email protected] Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. Troll them 1.8 or slower at the ball within 5' of the bottom and you will be in lake trout all day. 5-15' leads off the ball. Any longer, they will grab zebras and quaggas.
×
×
  • Create New...