Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,909
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The restrictions were just loosened this year. The NYS health department ran a study and found the contamination levels have come down significantly. I was one that gave blood and urine samples for the study. I eat a lot of salmon, pike, steelhead and perch from Lake Ontario and my levels were VERY low.
  2. They were grass carp. Not much of an issue for Lake Ontario. They eat vegetation.
  3. Stuff like this gives us fishermen a bad name. Thanks for saying something to him! Most would turn their cheek.
  4. Electric or gas it needs to be registered in NY.
  5. You can cull you just cant throw ones that have been in the cooler back in the lake. Get three good ones, then upgrade until your limit is filled.
  6. I find it funny that the one and two year old Alewive year classes are low according to the DEC yet we have been seeing a ton of these come in the intake at work. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  7. That is a king not a steelhead.
  8. And they are his favorite fish to catch!
  9. 650 should be fine. I worry about shorter backing if I run it off a board. The backing you have out to the board takes a nice chunck out of your backing. If you run it down the chute, you can get away with shorter amounts of backing.
  10. I would think they would not need to come into the bays and impoundments as early because they can stay at the Goby buffet and eat all fall without moving much. Last fall, the perch showed up in my honey hole very early compared to the past five seasons.
  11. Last fall, I saw some of the best perch fishing in years. Lots of good sized perch and a ton of dinks too.
  12. Turn the sensitivity down.
  13. Congrats Les. Awesome that you shared that moment with your son! It is a memory you guys will never forget.
  14. I had the same issue and it was the screen on the pick up in the tank. There was a dead fly stuck to mine.....
  15. They are fleas. I had a very small amount on my wires last Saturday.
  16. Looks like squirrel season opened early this year!
  17. I see Reelexcitement in third in the OOO from yesterday?
  18. If not pro only, at least make it so you have to have 100 posts before being able to view the reports section.
  19. I would go a little longer on the spin n glow lead. I run mine 24' - 28'. There are days when the lakers are hardware shy. Some days they do not want to come into a flasher / dodger or cowbells.
  20. All the ones we weigh in for the derbies are given away to guys that eat them. I have tried them the ways these guys prepare them and would rather eat Kings, Coho, Atlantics and Steelhead.
  21. Is it totally shutting down or bogging down Chad?
  22. They look good on the wall. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  23. Bouncing bottom with Kwikfish will catch lakers but the draw back it the zebra muscles. If you bounce too much, you will foul the hooks with zebra muscles. Spin n Glos are a better choice.
  24. If the DEC cuts King stocking, we will never see an increase again. If the Alewive population explodes, the fish they would stock are lakers. The writing is on the wall! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  25. Do you want to buy some spin n glow rigs Tom? Lol! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
×
×
  • Create New...