Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Charter captains can enter any derby on the lake. I look at it this way, any day you can have a good day and beat some of the best charter captains on the lake. Come fish the Sandy Creek Shootout. Lots of recs and some charter captains. Every year recs place ahead of some big name captains on the lake.
  2. I can't believe Gator has not chimed in busting my chops about #8!
  3. The Salmon River run was missing the early run of wild fish. This just goes to show that we can not rely on Natural reproduction. We all have been spoiled by all the extra wild fish in the system in the past four or five years.
  4. GAMBLER

    Ice.

    Too bad the weather for Sunday and Monday is warm..... I think it is going to be one of those winters!
  5. The two year old and one year old year class this year seemed great. Hopefully we will see more normal numbers of kings this coming season. If not, I know I will still be out there chasing trout.
  6. I don't think he is talking about the ice fishing Pro Am.
  7. Congrats Matt!
  8. I will let you know. What was the deal with the 4 wheeler in the field while you were in your stand a while ago?
  9. He came out of the brush on the North side of the field half way to the house and barn. There were some doe out there a couple nights this week too. I will text you next time. You muzzleloader hunting?
  10. Congrats Rob. There was a decent buck standing in your field when I drove by on thursday at 330pm.
  11. Congrats!
  12. It is like hunting on a game preserve.
  13. 8H also has Mendon Ponds park in it. Tons of deer in that area. Not close to 390 but rt 65 was a deer graveyard when I drove through there in late October.
  14. The only mountain lion I have seen in New York is the stuffed one in the new Field and Stream store.
  15. +1
  16. Brockport/Greece??????? They are twenty minutes apart?
  17. I have purchased a lot of stuff from Marine General over the years. Great prices and selection.
  18. First off, congrats on the baby coming in December Matt. Congrats on passing on the tradition of hunting to your son. You guys will remember that hunt forever.
  19. Matt I took my son last Sunday. He is five also. We did not see any deer but he is still talking about it. He did way better than I thought he would. Good luck and cherish this moment!
  20. Yesterday was a good morning for me despite a little screw up on my part. The woods was crawling with deer. Around 9am, two bucks started walking down the main trail through the middle of the woods (a nice eight and a five point). I took my eyes off of them to stand up and move to get in a comfy shooting position. The eight point was in the front when I took my eyes off of them. I figured the eight was still the lead buck (could not see either deers rack at his point) and shot the lead deer. Unfortunately, they had moved and traded positions! When the eight popped his head up and ran off, my heart sunk! The positive, it was a fifty yard run and the five point was done. I saw a couple other small bucks and some doe before this all went down.
  21. Congrats Scott!
  22. I was ready to go pop a bag of popcorn after reading the response.
  23. I'm with challenged1 on this one.
×
×
  • Create New...