Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The West end was light in the number of kings in the spring so they might have been offshore in the central to East end of the lake. The rochester area had more kings around than normal in May. Who knows.
  2. Oh sorry Tim. I forgot. If it is not on your boat, it must be garbage.
  3. Why not stick with Lowrance? You can see all the things you mention with a lowrance.
  4. +1
  5. If you have no partial ownership in the boat and were not there, no $ IMO. If you were not there to set rods, clear rods, steer the boat and put gas in the boat, no money should be split.
  6. The guy has every right to sell his boat for what he thinks it is worth. Do I think he is goofy? Yup. Still his right to set the price.
  7. The switch might be going bad. They are really easy to replace. If they are 4 pronged switches, let me know. I ordered 2 of the wrong switch and will give them to you for free. They will not let me return them.
  8. It is all about being able to take pictures of the winning fish to promote the derby. The attendance at the awards ceremonies are dismal. If it was not mandatory, no one would go at all.
  9. If it stays in second, $1000.00 or $2000 (if it is a salmon) would be worth the ride on a tight budget!
  10. Debit cards work too! Not smart to go out with out a derby pass. It could be a $25,000 mistake! It happens every year!
  11. They are very light aluminum. I'm pretty sure there is no coating on them either. Just taped up to look pretty for those ugly bottom dwellers.
  12. I tried the 7 blades but they pulled way too much and I lost a lot of fish on them. You can't beat the 5/0 and 4/0 Hammerheads. I have tried everything under the sun over the years and the Hammerheads are my go to.
  13. Hammerheads are not made of plastic. They are made of metal.
  14. The salmon usually run right up the creeks. I have seen a couple here or there milling around in the lower sections of both creeks. not great numbers. You are more than likely better off fishing the estuary of Sandy, the Oak or the Genesee River.
  15. There are some good kings offshore. We found a decent amount yesterday on a break in 360 -420. Lost a very nice king after one hell of an ariel display and a lot of big runs. Nothing huge but a bunch in the 18- 21lb range.
  16. I believe the intention of the tweets was to give the captains a spot to promote their business. That is the reason it is captains only. How come you don't sign up Motoman? Sounds like a smart way to promote your charter business for FREE!
  17. I had the same issue and there was crap in my fuel tank that kept clogging the fuel pick up in the tank. At higher speeds it was an issue. If I went slow it was fine
  18. The bills sweatshirt should be used as a boat rag!
  19. According to the DEC, if fish can get upstream of the hatchery, VHS could get into the hatchery. Therefore, VHS could get into powder mill hatchery. Steelhead, kings and browns all swim past the hatchery every year and die! Fish matter can carry the VHS into the hatchery.
×
×
  • Create New...