Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I buy my stuff from the little shops. Atommik, Hallett Bait and tackle, Mitchels and Narby's. The big box stores are horrible. When Gander first opened, it was decent. It fell apart after the first six months. Will I take a ride just to see the store? More than likely yes.
  2. Congrats on the placing and big fish! Too bad you were not in the Calcutta. You would have went home with another $200.00!
  3. Don't thank us Tom. You do a TON for the fishery and the Fishermen and women. Keep up the good work!
  4. I'm selling two brand new in the package chamberlain releases. $30.00 local pick up or $35.00 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.
  5. We started the morning out in 175 where we did some fish on Friday. Put two small kings and a steelhead in the boat early but all three were released. We had a very slow period so we decided to troll into the laker grounds and put together a big box of lakers. We started with two twin fifteen to sixteen pound fish but I dumped them back thinking we would do four better ones! That ended up being a big mistake! We had a good bite going and put together a good box of lakers. At the end, we ended up taking third place with 58.6lbs of lake trout! Congrats to Jakey Baby, Trout N About and all the other teams that placed! Thank you to Keith, Scott and Rob for putting together another great tourney!
  6. If you do not normally fish lakers, you are not aloud to bring a single laker in to weigh in! Stick to salmon fishing Rick!
  7. I would say so. The 24.11 I have mounted on my wall was 39 3/4" and the 34.06 on my wall was 43 3/8" long. Awesome story and catch!
  8. Feel free to only keep one over the slot on Saturday Scott!
  9. Scott, You can have 2 lakers over 30" per person or one in the slot and one out of the slot (above or below) or two below the slot. You just can not have 2 in the slot.
  10. I would bet the issue is the rigger ball. The ball is not sitting horizontal enough. With the way the eye hook on the ball is bent, that ball looks like it will spiral down when you drop the ball. Just a guess but I have seen it before. Try another rigger weight or bend the eye hook so the ball sits more horizontal.
  11. Thanks bob. Fished out there this evening and temp was changing rapidly. Lakers but no kings!
  12. They can only Look up the number if you signed up on line.
  13. Awesome work Chris! Too bad the entire family was not there to enjoy the fun.
  14. Keep an eye on craigslist. The idiots might put them up to sell.
  15. Daiwa saltist 50 or a daiwa seagate 50 would be my choices. 6 to 1 gear ratio and better drags than the others mentioned.
  16. You do to have to tell me about fishing lakers. I put more hours in lake trout fishing than 99% of the fishermen on Lake Ontario. I enjoy catching any species from carp on the fly to pike in a tip up. It is cool to have Atlantics as another species to catch but I hope I never see the day when they are the main species.
  17. King Davy, How do you explain the legislation the Canadian government is drawing up getting rid of the stocking of non-native species? You say there is no plans of changing to Atlantics and lakers but the writing is on the wall on the other side of the pond. Do some digging and you will find the legislation. It's hard to sit hear and say there is no agenda when everyone on this site has no idea what the agenda is in government no matter how much involvement we have with the dec or mnr.
  18. Steve, I would say around 11'. My 8' antenna just barerly makes it under the bridge right now and it is about 3' off the water.
×
×
  • Create New...