Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Those Cindy lures in there sell for a ton alone. Look at shorthanded past from a couple days ago. He was selling 2 for $65.00.
  2. Bring a paddle. Motor restrictions on the lake for the weekend.
  3. The returns of Atlantics compared to the number that are stocked is DISMAL. The numbers are less than 50 returns for 600,000 stocked (less than 1%). I would not call that more and more every year. The atlantics that are stocked on the North shore are not surviving and returning to the tribs to spawn. The genetics of the Atlantics that used to be in Lake Ontario are gone. Thiamine or not, the wrong strain of Atlantics WILL NOT thrive in Lake Ontario. Go to spoonpullers.com and PM a guy named kwikfish. He will give you facts about Atlantics. While you are on the site, read the post about the canadian governments legislation to STOP stocking non-native species (ie Kings, Coho, Browns and Steelhead).
  4. If they turn Lake Ontario back into a walleye, laker and Atlantic salmon fishery, the alewive population will explode. Atlantics can't seem to do well anymore in Lake Ontario, lakers and walleye seem to prefer gobies. The Canadians stock 600,000 Atlantics a year and get very very low numbers of adult fish that return ( most years less than twenty)!!!!!! With the success of Lake Ontario they would be stupid to change it. But it seems that how this state and country are being run lately.
  5. You get more of those at night casting than trolling during the day.
  6. I have four roller rods and love them. There is a lot less resistance on the rollers compared to guides. It makes the fight a lot smoother.
  7. Go to glangler.com and read Dave Mulls story about having to be rescued last year. You can never be too cautious. Reading Daves story made me rethink safety.
  8. Are they going to enforce it from a canoe? Lol
  9. I don't think they would taste good cooked like fried smelt!
  10. He was seen ordering cowbells and spin n glows in Greece!
  11. Don't let him fool you Steve. He is a closet lake trout fishermen.
  12. Any idea on the number of boats that will enter?
  13. Tom, At the state of the lake meeting, they announced that they are increasing lake trout stocking to 800,000.
  14. I-bay warm water fishery is tough to figure out. Once you do, the fishing is great. A little hint about walleye in I-bay, don't troll them! If you do, row or use a trolling motor! When I used to fish the bay, we caught a lot of pike, bass and walleye.
  15. The reason for the increase in lake trout stocking is to increase natural reproduction. The percentage is low but the more they stock the more natural reproduction they will get.
  16. Anyone see the legislation on Spoonpullers from the canadian government about stocking? Looks like they are looking to stop stocking fish that are non-native species and only stock native species. Hmmmmm Lakers and Atlantics anyone?
  17. I run two riggers. One 5' back from the rigger and the other 15' back. I run my spin n glows 36" behind the cowbells.
  18. Here is a couple of pigs caught the last couple years. I will let the pictures do the talking. I only run #5 Hammer Head Cowbells. I have #4's but they rarely do better than the #5's. 34.06 23.08 23.12 24.11
  19. Rick, it is easier to find bigger lakers with lower numbers in the lake. There is a lot less weeding out of smaller ones. With the recent upswing in laker populations, I have to work a lot harder to find slob lakers.
  20. Don't worry, the 300,000 extra lakers they are going to stock will put a dent in the population! Believe it or not, I would rather see it stay at 500,000 and stock more kings. It is much easier to fix an over abundance of kings if the bait population took a dump. 3 to 4 year and the kings are gone.
  21. Happy belated B-day Chad.
  22. When fishing is great, you do not learn much. Tough bite forces you to put the pieces of the puzzle together or try something that you normally would not try. We all love a good blood bath but easy is not always better!
×
×
  • Create New...