Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Teenagers or Fox?
  2. How do you guys think the deer heard will make out with the huge snow totals in Erie and Genesee counties?
  3. +1 Saltists are the way to go. Cant beat the 6.1 to 1 gear ratio and superior drag.
  4. I purchased 2 news ones this season and loved them. The only issue speed related is on the decend. When fishing lakers under 2.0 MPH, the ball would drop too fast and tangle the line in the release around the cable. I had to switch to Scotty pinch pad releases on the 2' cable to stop this from happeneing. Other than that, they are awesome riggers.
  5. I'm selling this for a buddy. It is an older Cannon Mag 10A in great condition. Dual front mount rod holders and a single back rod holder. It also comes withe the mounting block. He is asking $120.00. Local pick up only.
  6. BROWN TROUT
  7. 2 Polar windlass tip ups, one auger blade sharpener, one medium action jigging rod and 7 tip up lights. The tip up lights need batteries. I have never used the lights. $25.00 buyer pays shipping to the lower 48 or local pick up in the Hilton/Greece area.
  8. The only downfall of single hooks is the hooks come right out of the eye of small fish 90% of the time.
  9. Nice job Andy!
  10. And some bags of ice and a salmon cooler!
  11. They work great for panfish too. I picked up a couple packs at Mitchels the other day.
  12. This is the exact reason the DEC should get off their butts and do a better job with the fishery we have!!!!
  13. I was not overly impressed with the fishing section. Trolling stuff is very limited.
  14. Seeing that it is one of a handful of salmon fisheries in this country they should care a lot more. Salmon fishing on the west coast is hurting big time. Some areas, king fishing was shut down due to bad numbers. In the future, the Great Lakes salmon fishery might become the best in North America. It might be time to give the fishery a little TLC.
  15. My beef with bottom trawls is alewives suspend most of the time unless they are at the intersection of the thermalcline and the bottom. We saw them dragging the net one day this summer and they were way outside the thermalcline/bottom intersection area.
  16. Is the lamprey a skin mount? Looks awesome Paul!
  17. That would work for me. One deer is all I take a year because that is all my family will consume until the following year.
  18. I'm not a fan of antler restrictions. I do not hunt a lot but I enjoy eating venison. I will take a small buck so I can get back to perch fishing. Doesn't allowing bucks with bad genetics (small goofy racks) breed with does screw up QDM?
  19. Thanks guys. Sounds like the typical DEC answers......
  20. What was discussed? I wish I could have attended this meeting.
×
×
  • Create New...