Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Hammertime Spin Doctor and the Live wire Spin Doctor were my 2 go to flashers.
  2. There are some guys that come to my work for water samples from the lake and they are doing a study on the bullhead tumors and black spots. Next time I see them I will try to get more info on the causes.
  3. We took a smallmouth off of Webster Park years ago in 80 fow down 75 on a White Spin Doctor with a mirage fly. First time I have heard of a largemouth caught on one. Who knows it might end up being the next big bass craze.
  4. I work at a water treatment plant that draws water from the bottom of the lake in 50 fow.
  5. Michael, The big body lock is currently getting fixed. The threads were screwed up so I'm having a new piece made at a machine shop.
  6. The youth are the future of hunting and fishing. If we do not get youth involved, where will we stand in 20 years? Yes some will abuse it but every kid that gets the expierence will be hooked for a lifetime. I also feel it is early enough in the bow season that the deer will settle back down and be back to normal. If you do not like it, buy your own property and do not allow anyone to gun hunt until gun season.
  7. Get ready. Here they come. A push should come with the NE wind yesterday and last night. Cold temps at the intake at work. Hopefully some perch will push in to the bays!
  8. There was an eagle hunting Sandy Creek in the estuary last week when I was working on my boat. It followed the creek not high up from the lake to Rt 19. It then roosted in a dead tree just West of Rt 19. Very cool to see.
  9. Try Tuna Toms Reel repairs.
  10. Congrats to you and the hunter! I can't wait to get my son out there!
  11. Any good ones Rick?
  12. It seems like a good time to knock a doe down early and fill the freezer.
  13. Nothing wrong with fishing lake trout. It is an inside joke.
  14. Did anyone see the tweets today? Someone was fishing Lake Trout today!
  15. The offshore steelhead bite can be amazing at this time of the year. Fish from the thermalcline to the surface with bright spoons and troll around 2.8 to 3.2 and cover lots of water looking for active fish. The immiture kings are we used to fish 100 down and they seemed to be in that zone.
  16. Yes it does. It is a complete unit.
  17. I'm selling the old Fish Hawk 840. It comes with the probe, power cable, triducer mounting bracket and the monitor. I have a storage case from an old fish finder that the monitor fits in that comes free with it. The monitor surface speed display has not worked in 3 years. The down speed and temp still works. $150.00 takes it. I would rather have local pick up or meet somewhere in the Rochester area. I'm not a fan of shipping electronics.
  18. Mustang Survival suit. Warm and has floatation. It will keep your warm and alive!
  19. Fuller Ko KOS Stinger Stingray and Mag NBK. Gator and glow Gator did not produce for me much this summer. Last year it was my #1.
×
×
  • Create New...