Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The only way you can use dead bait is if it is on the green list and has been perserved commercially by means other than just freezing.
  2. How about making the Big fish entries (next year) separate from the 3 fish. If you want to enter the Big fish categories, you have to pay extra (say $20 extra). This way you could bring in 3 big kings and kicker trout and not screw up your 3 fish box. Or have The big king included in the 3 fish derby and do the trout species extra?
  3. Nice report. Looks like someone did a poor release job when that fish was caught as a skipper.
  4. Bowfin all the way.
  5. I say bowfin. Snakeheads have bigger teeth. Look at the pictures below for comparison. Picture of Bowfins mouth http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ckBlasgNSzg/S ... +Teeth.jpg Picture of a snakeheads mouth http://www.cnr.vt.edu/fisheries/images/ ... kehead.jpg
  6. Ncie fish Glen. Can you keep the streak going in the Fall LOC?
  7. Nice job guys. Vic, When is he going for his captains license?
  8. Not enough backing with a Penn 330 gti and 600' of copper. I would be afraid of getting spooled easily.
  9. Not me. I know the bottom dwellers are not 6 miles out.
  10. Blind Sodus bay for largemouth. Just West of Fairhaven. Small shallow channel but a bass boat will make it fine. For smallies, fish the ledge in the lake, 1st bluff West of the red cottage. They are there but holding tight to structure.
  11. Happy Birthday Eric.
  12. Happy B-day Ray.
  13. I run the deep (inside) dipsy on a 1 setting and the shallow (outside) on a 3. Let the outside diver out first then the inside. Keep the outside diver at the same amount of line out or less to avoid tangles. I had trouble with my Luhr Jenson divers changing settings while deployed so I pinned them with very small stainless steel bolts and teflon nuts. The new Walker Deeper Divers hold in place. I have a set of those but they do not plain out to the side as much. Like Shorthanded stated, gradual turns helps a lot.
  14. From the ones I have caught over the years, I have noticed the males fight a lot better than the females. They are acrobatic like a steelhead. The females seem lazy and dog at the boat a little like a brown. The 17lber I caught brown fishing back in the spring of 96 was crazy. Faught like a steelhead on steroids.
  15. Fish in Salmon Creek on the creek side of the Parkway bridge. The close we get to fall, the better the perch fishing will get. At this time of the year, you can find gills, sunfish and small to medium sized perch there. You might even run into some small pike here and there. Good luck.
  16. X4...... Enough said I could not resist Tim.
  17. Don't bring them in the boat at all. Releasing them at the side is the best way to get them back quickly and efficiently.
  18. The tube style rod holders are easier to get the rod out of. The rod butt will get stuck in the back part of the rod holder if a fish has pressure on the rod. I run the Big Jon singles in Bert's tracks and love them.
  19. Nice king. Glad to see the 11 year old got to reel it in. He is will remember that for ever.
  20. That would be awesome in a fish tank. Too bad it is illegal. It would be fun to watch it grow.
  21. Here is one with a Spin Doctor.
  22. Here is the little guy sporting his New Atommik Shirt. I had another one with Spin Doctors all over the tray but he kept trying to eat them.
  23. Flashers - Spin Doctors Live wire Dalmation Chrome Dalmation Green Dot Flies - Atommiks Green Hammer Net Pen Green Crinkle Green Hypnotist
×
×
  • Create New...