Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. That sucks. Dave said it was a go here not too long ago. I was wondering why I did not get a card after I registered last week.
  2. Thanks Tim. Just tried it and I can only read rules 1 and 2. I don't know if it is my computer or the site. I can not scroll down the page any further than that.
  3. The short coppers (100, - 200), I run strictly with spoons. I never had luck running spinnies off them up that high. The 300 and 400 should be going with spinnies. Last season, my 500 was the best copper. The season before, 300 was killer and the 200 and 400 we a close second and third. I have had more hits running spoons off of all my coppers. The bigger fish have come off the spinnies and Atommiks.
  4. Dave, You can run them off the same side. I run 2 divers per side and one copper. I run the copper off the otter boat a ways off the side of the boat. I rig my divers first and then let the copper out the back and clip it to the board and send it out on the board. If you let the copper out slowly, you will not have any issues.
  5. Paul, I was not *****ing, I was just asking a question about the tourney rules. Where can I find them?
  6. You can try but you might not have any luck. I was told they do not have parts for them anymore. Anyone know of a place that makes belts? Kodak used to have a belt shop that made them.
  7. I had not tangled my coppers in 3 seasons unit last August. I ended up with 2 coppers and 1 wire diver in a cluster F..k. If I cut and did back to back haywire twists, I would have had 2-50' coppers. Unfortunatly I had to buy 2 new spools of copper and replace them.
  8. I totally agree with Jeremy on this one. Some mornings, the riggers are silent and the divers and copper can't stay in the water. Gill-T, What are you running on your coppers? What length coppers are you running?
  9. Great job Upgrady. Congrats on the 3rd place finish.
  10. If you want more info on that area try Spoonpullers.com. Great North shore site with a lot of helpful members. trannyman is one of them. You can read the reports and get a feel for how good the king fishing is as you get closer to your trip. Good luck.
  11. It is not out of the norm. You can run anything off of it. J-plugs can be deadly in the staging period off of a core.
  12. ludo, The fish you will find are not staging off the rivers in July. They are more than likely migrating kings milling around for a while. After you catch them, send them back to NY please. As for strategies, Wire divers with Spin Doctors and Atommik flies are killer on big kings. I have heard meat rigs and fake meat rigs are popular on the North shore.
  13. Where are the rules posted on their page? Could not find them. Want to fish some next year and wanted to read up on them.
  14. You are correct Sponge. I do run the Fishhawk.
  15. Welcome back and welcome to L.O.U! I fish out of Sandy also. See you on the water.
  16. June is the slowest time of the season. May was not great either. Things will pick up in the next week or two. Right now the fish are scattered all over the water column and the lake. Don't be afraid to run rigs at all different depths. You can pick steelies and cohos off boards still and fish at deeper depths for kings. Do you have a speed and temp unit? Finding the thermalcline and having the right speeds are crutial at times. Turn on your radio and listen to the chatter and set your rigs according to the chatter. It will aleast give you a starting point. If you want some pointers, find someone from this board out of I-bay and see if you can hitch a ride and learn some tricks. The guys here are great and are willing to teach.
  17. Mark, I'd say these are gps speeds. I think you will find that for the most part you can go 2.5+ and target most species in the Fingers. Faster speeds cover more water if you are in 'search' mode. If you are marking good concentrations of fish and they don't respond to what you are showing them, then change speeds as well as lures + drive in a 'S' pattern. -Andy The speeds I posted are at the ball speeds. I don't use GPS speed. Lake O, GPS speed is useless with the currents. If you went with GPS speeds all the time on Lake O, Some days your lures would be flying or not working at all. How are the currents in the finger lakes?
  18. Rough and windy on the lake and I sat at work and the tree tops and the flag were not even moving all day.
  19. I work shift work too. I will be down there on Wednesday or Thursday. More than likely I will be fishing on Thursday. I will PM you when it gets closer.
  20. Chris, I have one if you want to buy it. $100.00. You are in Sandy Creek Marina right? If so, I am too. we could meet there. Let me know.
  21. Steve, Get in the truck, drive to the nearest gas station and buy a lottery ticket. You have a better chance of winning the lottery! I wish I could be wrong at my job every day and still have a job.
  22. Go too far into the gulf stream and you get this in the non-synthetic version.
  23. Congrats guys A KING ME and Shorthanded sighting in the same day? What the heck is going on? Nice to see you guys back. Hope it happens more often.
  24. Sharp hooks matter more. Hooks right out of the box need some sharpening.
  25. I'm talking about posting tweets not reading them.
×
×
  • Create New...