Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Happy Birthday Nick.
  2. Half hitch around curtian hook. Then put curtain hook around line and through rubber band.
  3. Been using rubberband releases for years. The releases I use, (snapper stackers) the rubber band remains are still attached to the release (half hitched on it). They are taken off and thrown in the garbage. If they are used CORRECTLY, the rubberbands do not end up in the water.
  4. It was not being enforced by the Coasties last November. I was fishing perch off the Charlotte pier and they passed by a bunch of fishermen (couple boats trolling) in boats with no life jackets on and did not even stop them.
  5. Cannons here. Fastest on the market, METAL gears (not rubber belts), The descend is smooth and CONTROLLED, you can disingage the cluth and drop them like a Scotty if you really want (the power does not cost you anything so I don't know why power going down would bother anyone???), rod holders are adjustable to many angles up and down (not a one degree rod holder that only rotates), slim profile (width wise) takes up less room on the gunnels, you can have up to 4 rod holders on one cannon rigger, auto stop, positive ion control and great customer service.
  6. Happy Birthday Jeremy. After 30 it is all down hill.
  7. Niagara River. Only consistant spot left on the lake.
  8. With the warm temps, rain and wind things should be cleaned off quickly. The 15 day forecast is totally above freezing for highs.
  9. It is shrinking fast. Looks like it will be ice free a lot sooner than last season. Take a look. Last year at this time, there was a lot more ice. http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/ ... 3.250m.jpg
  10. The population around the Rochester area (Irondequoit) has exploded in the past 5 years. I caught one reeling in a perch off the Charlotte pier 2 years ago. It killed me to release it unharmed. Something needs to be done.
  11. GAMBLER

    ice fishing

    With a tear in my eye, I put the ice fishing stuff away on Tuesday. I had a good season. Pike fishing was the best I had in years (for numbers of pike). Got my PB ice fishing walleye on the jigging rod. I will post some pics when I get a chance.
  12. Do I hear a petition? Maybe WE need to try all we can to get it back opened.
  13. Please explain Jerry. All I can picture is Rick standing in the front of the boat yelling at Jax to put his rubber net away.
  14. Thanks Rick.
  15. Did not make the meeting. Anyone got the scoop? Longline????
  16. Raider, I run 6' so the releases hold the line better. NO need for 100' IMO.
  17. I run all my coppers off of boards. I still run a high copper for out of temp kings. Lots of days guys are fishing deep in temp or below and the 300' copper is singing in 70 degree water (especially late August). Like Nick, I splice in 6' of 50lb. mono between the copper and the backing.
  18. I watched it and was not that impressed with their play the first 5 minutes of play. The turned it around and played great the rest of the game.
  19. I would suggest running the Hammerhead blades. They are the only brand I run for lakers on Lake Ontario. The 5" blades are most productive for me. My three favorite colors are Crystalina, Mt. Dew, and all Silver. Here is his site http://hammerheadchartersandtackle.com/. Tell him Brian Gambell sent you. Run them at speeds of 1 - 1.8. Any faster and they spin too hard and the bite really dies off. I find 1.3 my best producing speed for lakers.
  20. Nice job Tom. Glad to see you getting your boy out there.
  21. Are you fishing lakers? I know some guys run cutbait behind then for browns.
  22. Hopefully it is a go. That would be great. I think with NJ and MI already having it in place helps us a lot.
  23. I run a 6' Seagar (#1 floro IMO) on all my rigger rods. I tie in a Sampo barrel swivel.
  24. Can't beat the Diawa Sealines. I have had some of mine for 15 years and they are still running strong. Have seen the Okumas fall apart (Convectors and Magdas). Tekotas are very nice reels but very pricey. The only issue I have ever had with my Diawas is the drag clicker. I called Diawa and they sent me new drag clickers for free. 4 screws and 5 minutes later, they were good as new.
×
×
  • Create New...