Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Jfish, The Genesee is in the US (South Shore). You might want to repost this in the Lake O tributaries section anyways. As of right now, it is high and pure mud.
  2. I heard the same thing from a buddy. I will check with my buddy that is a CPA.
  3. Canuck, Run your baits 12-18" under the ice. This will produce the most pike. We did really well yesterday. The ice is a solid 5" all over the bay. Fish right in front of the boat launch in the cove. That has been the best spot for me so far this season.
  4. Sounds like she is trying to get out of entertaining on holidays. I can hear it now - If my husband did not put all of those stupid animals in the dining room, I could entertain.
  5. Happy Birthday Scott.
  6. You too Hank.
  7. No Deer in NY????? I had a beautiful 8pt and 4 doe in my back yard for the past 3 nights. 1st year I have ever seen deer in my back yard in 5 years of living in this house. By the tracks I saw at my dads (E. Bloomfield) during deer season, I would say there is nothing wrong with the deer population. We also saw a lot of Coyote tracks.
  8. Braddocks gets hammered every year and bounces right back. It has been this way for years. There is more catch and release now than there was back 10 - 20 years ago. If nobody took pike out, the pike population would get out of control and the throw the food chain out of wack. Braddocks is a pike factory that is fed by Lake Ontario. I don't care if guys are keeping them as long as they are not wasted.
  9. Chad, The ice was 3" on Saturday and close to 4" on Sunday. The pike bite is on. We did 14 pike in 2 days with 5 over 32".
  10. Or fishing without a license?
  11. I heard this one was killed in the Geneseo area. Got love the internet.
  12. Check this out. I think I'm going to trade mine in. http://www.break.com/index/dog-catches- ... almon.html
  13. This is one reason why I run Tom's flies. He takes care of his own.
  14. Chower, I'm with you on Seagar. Superior Florocarbon. I tried Vanish and it is horrible stuff.
  15. Not that many but I do have a pike ornament!
  16. If you fish in a portable, I would recommend Fire line. If it ices up, it is easy to get the ice off of it.
  17. Iceman must be afiliated with this guy. He is running the price up so this guy makes more money. $10.01
  18. I vote Glen for president!
  19. You can run 2 rods and cheat the top rod covering a lot of teh water column. This works good in the early parts of the season when the fish are scattered in the water column more. You can buy the Scotty stacker releases. They work great. Just be careful when you are bringing up the rigger. The metal clips can cut the cable if they slam into the boom of the rigger.
  20. 30 until March. If the average age gets any higher around here, we might be able to get a group discount on Rascal Scooters!
  21. Pete that works in Gander Mountain saw the pics. I believe it was caught by one of the perch charters (Capt. Chas from Oak).
×
×
  • Create New...