Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Congrats again Matt! Cool story!
  2. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    After not being able to compose himself and shoot a decent buck, Brayden shot this doe this morning! He got a true dose of buck fever and couldn’t hold the crosshairs on a nice 8. I stopped him 3 times in the field. I’m proud he didn’t take the shot when he couldn’t stay on him.
  3. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    Good luck everyone! Cant wait to sit with my kid tomorrow on his first deer hunt! He is super excited!
  4. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    Awesome to see Joe! Now go shoot a big buck!
  5. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    Muzzleloader is my favorite. I have shot more deer in muzzleloader season in the last 5 years that the other seasons combined!
  6. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    My coworker caught 3 guys trespassing on his property with crossbows last year. They were doing deer drives with crossbows.......
  7. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    They need to be treated the same as a compound. I wouldn't shoot any further with my crossbow than I would with my compound. The stupid shots are due to the way they are categorized by the DEC. If guys had to take a bow course to use them, they might have some knowledge on how to use them. My son just finished his hunters safety online course last night. The video categorized them as archery equipment not muzzleloaders but the DEC classifies them as a muzzleloader. So dumb.....
  8. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    Glad you are ok Chad. Scary stuff right there!
  9. Slot limits do not work well with pike. We used to vacation in Canada and they put a slot limit in place. The pike fishing went to hell a couple years after they put it in place.
  10. GAMBLER

    Gas

    Biden admin considering shutting down another pipeline, drawing criticism and dire warnings as winter nears | Fox News Yup its not Bidens fault........
  11. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    I think I like these Grim Reaper broad heads. They make tracking easy!
  12. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

    PM me the website. I want to get another container.
  13. It is a Roscoe Shiner. They are no longer made. I have a bunch of them but not any of that color left!
  14. You know as well as anyone stable weather = better fishing for all Lake O species. Inconsistent weather and shifting thermalcline makes fish move to stable offshore waters. The West end has it was easier to fish those offshore waters. Having the boat you have also makes it easier to fish offshore most days.
  15. GAMBLER

    Gas

    I think the lack of response to this thread is because it is political. Most guys come here to get away from politics and talk fishing.
  16. Muzzleloader season they will be destroying your plots if the other crops in the area have been harvested.
  17. This season was good but not the great fishing we had the past 10 years. One huge thing to take into consideration is the inconsistent winds ALL season. This made things tougher than it should have been. Brown fishing was stellar. A lot of guys were complaining early on that there were not a lot of small browns around. Mid to late summer, there were tons around except for the 5-8lb class of browns. Anything smaller than 5lbs and bigger than 9lbs, numbers were great.
  18. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed Legacy -The 2021 Season-

  19. I will take them!
  20. Check with company. If you do not mention the component companies name, you may end up with a lawsuit against you. Yakima requires me to put Made with Wardens Original Spin N glo and the trademark emblem on all my packaging. If not, I could face a lawsuit. Some of my competitors only have Yakima on their packaging and according to Yakima, that is not correct and could be pursued. Do I think the would pursue a little guy? Probably not. Good luck with your venture. The tackle industry is a tough one to make enough money in to survive. If you make a quality product, have great customer service and have tackle in stock al the time, you will do just fine!
  21. I purchased a new rifle and swapped out the scope that came with the rifle. It’s a Weaver 3x9x40 scope. I also have a set of scope rings to go with it. $30.00 takes it. I do not want to ship it. I am located in Hilton NY.
  22. Soak them in acetone. Scrub the remaining paint off with a scotchbrite pad.
  23. Sandy Creek to Braddocks year round holds big numbers of lakers and the majority of the 30+ lb lake trout that came out of Lake Ontario the past decade have come from that area. I caught a 34.06 in 2012. I know of four other 30+lb fish that have been taken from that area in the past couple of years. Wautoma Shoals is a great spot. Tons of structure and holds big numbers of lakers year round.
  24. Stud for sure. I have a thing for buck with drop tines!
  25. The Niagara bar holds lakers at this time of the year. Other than that, well East of Oak Orchard is way better. From Devils Nose East is best. The Olcott and Oak Orchard areas do not hold numbers of lakers after the spring migration.
×
×
  • Create New...