Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Congrats on the deer guys! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. The cat poop was still in the cat when it walked by. Apparently it’s not good luck unless it is in your path to your stand... Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. I do 20 mins. If you have any tapes on the spoons they will shrink. I usually just let them cure without the toaster oven to prevent this from happening.
  4. Yes. Speeds up the cure time. Low temp. I do mine as low as my toaster oven will go.
  5. Bake them in a toaster oven to cure the paint. Let them sit for 24+ hours before clear coating them. If you do not respect the drying times, they will bubble up and you will have to start over!
  6. I hear rolling in it brings 180" deer to your shooting lanes!
  7. Congrats Rob!
  8. Congrats Joe! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  9. Slow for deer so far. Coyotes, that’s a different story. 4 for me and one for Keith. If they would only come by in bow range.... Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  10. Congrats Jonathan! Looks like he ran towards the truck for you!
  11. Landlocked for sure.
  12. Tom Barbera East Fork Pro Marine (585)964-2694.
  13. Congrats Tommy and Bill!
  14. It would be much easier if they stuck to the script! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. Congrats! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. Awesome Shawn!
  17. I will agree with you Brian. You have way more expertise than all of us combined on this subject.
  18. Daiwa Saltist 30's. 1000' of wire fits them perfect. Superior drags, 6.1 to 1 gear ratio and the drag is more adjustable than other brands.
  19. I grew up with the canal in my back yard in Spencerport. A lot of the fish stay and find deeper (not much more than 2-3') holes to live in over the winter. We used to walk along looking for carp mudding up the bottom and throw handfuls of corn out on either side of them and fish them. We also used to throw a lot of small cranks for smallmouth, walleye and the occasional northern. If you can find structure, there will be fish. It can as simple as a tree branch in the middle. One year there was a picnic table in the canal and it held fish all winter.
  20. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. Not all the browns go up the streams. There are still a lot of browns that are out in the lake.
  22. I would much rather be dropping the hammer with the trusty CVA Accura!
  23. Fun night in the stand with my son. Slow to start but had some activity around 6:00. We heard something sneeze (not blow or snort an all out sneeze). I look over and six doe are milling to our south in the brush. I watched a doe sneeze again shaking her head. They were continuing our way until something caught their attention back to the South. The biggest doe in the group started trotting north right past the window of the blind. 6 doe slid by and then a big rack appeared above the golden rod! Nice buck walks out at 50 yds and followed the doe to the Northwest. No shot because he was too far but a great night for Brayden and I.
  24. I leave it loaded, take the primer out and leave it in my garage. You can pull the breech plug, pour the powder out, and push the bullet out of the end of the barrel. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  25. Blackhorn is the way to go. It does not absorb moisture. I left my muzzle loader loaded from last year and it went off no problem last week when I went to the range. Great stuff. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...