Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I can get bags if you want. They are slow to get here but you have a way! I am also selling plain spin n glos on my website. I have a couple colors right now but will be adding more in the future.
  2. It gets way too expensive when laker fishing! I have tried it and burned up a dozen strips in an hour. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. Herring scented Smelly Jelly. It has helped us for years!
  4. The Salmon River is ripping as of yesterday also. She is going to start filling up!
  5. Braddocks will not be a viable port until the Break wall has Jetties added to it. On the lake side of the break wall, there is acres of sand just waiting to get dumped into the channel. They can dredge it out all they want and it will continue to fill in when the lake is rough. East and Northeast winds will fill it in quickly.
  6. But it does! It screw up the king bite on years when there is a ton of ice on Erie!!! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. The levels usually peak in mid June. Last year was an oddity due to higher outflows and the starting of the dry summer. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  8. Animal rights activists sucks! That is the reason we have a closed season!
  9. Niagara Iceboom Camera Screens (nypa.gov) Not out at all. Check the camera.
  10. The worst wind is East or North East. West and south are best.
  11. Ice boom removal started this afternoon! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. I just poor my own lead! Easy and cheap!
  13. To add to what Rob said, it is also depends on water temp. Warm springs can cut it shorter.
  14. I heard through the grape vine that boom removal will start this Thursday!
  15. I just bend the points closed (down to the main hook shaft). Sometimes certain sticks will not run right if you take the treble off.
  16. Jerry was all over it!
  17. Depending on how deep I am fishing, it varies. If the browns are coming in tight and really high, I run a 1/4 ounce split shot 6' from the stick bait. If I'm running 20-30 and the browns are coming down a little bit, I run 1 ounce 50' back, clip on the weight and put it out another 50' - 75'.
  18. NE winds the next couple days might push it back West and melt it off before the boom comes out.
  19. I use a Cannon Retro ease. You can lock the line into the clip and hold it in place until you have the release clipped.
  20. Yes. Some perch and bullhead were being caught this weekend on Long Pond. Cranberry was still dead according to the guys I talked with. It should pick up any day now.
  21. The fishery is constantly changing. Those that change with it excel. Those that don't change with it, struggle. In my 37 seasons on Lake O, I have enjoyed the challenges of the fishery changing. Learning new tactics and perfecting them is a challenge but can be extremely rewarding. Never be afraid to try something different. You may stumble onto the next big thing!
  22. The my were brought back for a short time and they were called Rosco shiners. They work awesome for spring browns and spring kings. I still have a bunch of the non jointed versions. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. They work but not as well as regular bells. A lot of Champlain guys run them for landlocks.
  24. They are awesome for Lake O browns when the bite slows down! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  25. Seagate or Saltist 50 will work.
×
×
  • Create New...