-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
It has been insane! I broke my sales record every month so far this year. April has been amazing!
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
One other thing that could be going on is they are eating gobies. I have noticed in other clear water spring years, browns seem to scatter in deeper water and feed on gobies. ( I have caught a bunch of browns over the years laker fishing at this time of the year). I hope you are right Brian. Last summer when I was brown fishing in June, July and August, we caught very very few stockers compared to past years. -
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
. The DEC has been made aware of our displeasure with the amount of cormorants and how many stocked fish they kill. Every state of the lake meeting it was mentioned. A couple years back, Capt. Vince said we need to take better care of what fish we stock at the meeting. It seems to still fall on deaf ears. Canada has started a cormorant hunting season. We need to get on board. I would by a duck stamp again and start hunting them. -
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Good thinking Rick. Didn't the DEC give us fish from a different hatchery due to zebra muscle infestation in the hatchery last year? I cant remember exactly what went on but the fish had to go to waters that already had zebra muscles I believe. Did those strains not do well in Lake O and not survive? Rome Fish Hatchery Contaminated With Zebra Mussels - - The Adirondack Almanack -
ISO Remington 870 express rifled slug barrel 20 gauge
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Hunting Equipment
Thanks Dave. I will give them a call. I found 2 on ebay but the bids are getting out of control! I could buy him a new gun for what they are up to! -
ISO Remington 870 express rifled slug barrel 20 gauge
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Hunting Equipment
I hunted with that 20 with the smooth bore for years and killed a lot of deer with it. My buddy has the same gun with the rifled barrel and it is way more accurate. I have a 12 but I want to start him out with the 20, then a rifle and a muzzleloader. -
I have them rigged with a skirt right now. I may have some unrigged available if yakima ever gets me my order.
-
I am searching for a Remington 870 20 gauge fully rifled slug barrel for my kid. My 20 has a slug barrel but it is smooth bore.
-
Fish ID??
GAMBLER replied to Burger's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
-
I thought I heard it was left up to each individual county?
-
Not a feel good article...
GAMBLER replied to longtimefisherman's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Hopefully with the stocking effort, they can turn this around. The fisheries of many species have drastically changed in the last 20 years on Lake Ontario. Hopefully this trend changes. -
-
With the low water, this post should be pinned to the top of this board!
-
-
Where do the browns go!
GAMBLER replied to yank my line's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
I have found they scatter in the deeper water and hunt gobies. I have picked a couple up at this time of the year on Cowbells and Gambler Rigs lake trout fishing in 75-120'. -
Word on the street is they are eyeing Sandy Creek in Hamlin as another spot. If so, I think its a poor choice. Irondequoit Creek is a trib that holds trout year round. Why wouldn't you put them into a trib that could possibly support natural reproduction? Irondequiot Creek is cold enough to support trout year round in the upper stretches. Sandy is way too warm before June hits. Most years of the salmon / steelhead pen rearing projects, we couldn't hold fish the entire time due to water temp issues.
-
Listen to this man! Save your pennies and buy the best. There is nothing worse than buying cheap stuff and then trying to explain to the wife why you are buying them again after a king destroyed your bargain reels.
-
-
There is a camera at Wautoma Beach right on this site. Go to the main page under the maps tab and scroll down!




