Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Fished the same waters as last night. Did three matures in the first hour and then it turned into a very slow grind! Mostly a spoon bite today except for one mature on a clean meat rig. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. My neighbor wanted a couple for the smoker. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  3. Fished with the boys this afternoon to try to find an LOC king. Started in 45’ and never left. The mature king bite was on fire! We fished two hours and were booted off the lake by a monsoon! 30-40’ riggers, 90-100’ Divers and 5-7 color leadcore s did the damage. Mag spoons and j plugs took all our fish. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  4. It has made brown fishing very difficult all summer!
  5. Here is the tower blind! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. You grow one, I will shoot it! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. He’s home!!!!! Dogs not happy about it but I am! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  8. Tie a loop in the end of the Gambler Rig leader for the best length. As for rigger leads, 10-25'.
  9. I have been waiting for this thread! I have been shooting the bow almost every night! Can't wait!
  10. I will second Shawns advice. Brian at Rochester Reel repair does great work!
  11. Temp is going to be WAAAAYYYYYY down. I'm predicting down 120' tomorrow!
  12. As a perch guy in the lake Ontario off season, I would agree with a 25 fish limit. It would mean more work for me to fill the freezer but perching has become easier with technology and the internet!
  13. Here are the most popular sellers: Yellow Dew UV Crushed Ice Antifreeze Lemon Lime UV Money I have had a couple guys using the regular Death Traps in front of my walleye harnesses on Erie with great success. I have had a lot of reports of kings hitting the death traps too! Hooks on the blades would be a complete mess!
  14. If they could get the lamprey issue under control, it will not take as long as you think to rebuild a population of lakers. They are not as old as most think in our neck of the woods. ( the 34lber we caught out of Lake Ontario was 27 years old). There is also a decent population of lakers now that would be already in place. If you were starting from scratch with zero lake trout, it would take a long time.
  15. The more you know the better off you will be! It does cause you to over think things sometimes though.
  16. By the size of most of the lakers being caught, I would say the lampreys are taking their toll on bigger lakers. Tons of food and not many big lakers. With the food in that lake, it should be producing giants. A 10lb landlock should not win the National Lake Trout derby...….
  17. Awesome photos! Glad to see the Death Traps are producing well for you! They are catching on quickly and keeping me busy building!
  18. You are guilty too. We know you better than that Chad!
  19. Plankton bloom? Whiting event?
  20. Wicked Ridge Invader G3. I have it and it’s been a great crossbow. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. Try eBay. Lots of tape suppliers on there. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. What was temp down in the water you fished?
  23. The two guys mentioned in this thread are using a product that is helping put fish in the boat. Ask either of them and they will tell you or stop in Roys marina and you will see them on the wall for sale!
  24. I run 8" with flies and meat. This season 8' paddles have been more productive for me with meat all season. Bigger paddles with meat and flies have had their days but 8" have been more consistent.
×
×
  • Create New...