Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. A buddy of mine has one of these and it's only a year old. He loses his down readings when it gets past 20' down. Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. As Rob said, the cold water was in this morning and we didn't mark too much all day, but the fishing was fantastic. We finished the day 15-23 with at least 8 kings 15lb-26.5lb's, the rest were bows,2 year old kings and a 12lb laker. The fishing shut off at about 11am. At about 1pm we leveled off at about 45' and did 2 matures and a bow on 7 color lead w/ a mag blue/silver dreamweaver. Most of the days fishing was between 65' and 80fow 1 mile west of the creek. Riggers were going w/ stingray gators and nbk's 30-50' down. The 10 color lead was smokin during the morning w/ a purple/chart./glow fishlander. It was mostly a spoon bite today even on the dipsy's @ 50' out w/ a mag blk/silver dreamweaver. We only did a couple fish today on the green/silver smartfish @ a 8:00 setting. BTW: I was resetting the smartfish on the outside rigger and was letting it down when SLAM! I had a bow rocket out of the water right at the back of the boat! It hit at about 8-10' down as I was lowering it to 30'! That was cool. No pictures today cause the lightning messed it up. (I'm on my wife's laptop) Good luck this weekend as I am done till next weekend.
  3. Thanks Carl. I should have figured it out myself.
  4. I've heard nothing but great things about the x4. Waiting for ours to come in.
  5. Brian, If we don't get a reply, then I'll make a call and find out. Someone viewing this must know. Maybe the turnout wasn't good.
  6. If it wasn't for monroe and niagara that derby would be dead. I for one am glad it's around. This condor derby thing makes no sense at all for obvious reasons. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. We are currently coming up w/ some great ideas for a Sandy tourney next year. Bruce isn't ready to have it at the marina yet. If you guys want to do something small when most of us are on the water, we can. Send me some responses. ( big fish- $20/ boat)
  7. Keith (nuthin but net) joined us this morning as we ended up 7-11. The bite ended when that front/wind came through at about 10am. The morning started slow as we dropped our first 3 fish w/ one being a big bow that hit the 80' rigger and was airborn within a second, then gone. All of our fish boated this morning were kings that ranged from 2# - a couple of 23#ers. Smartfish and spinnies were hot today. Mt. dew smarty w/ mirage Fox fly and the NBK spinny w/ green Atomik fly did most of the damage. Only a couple of fish on spoons. Riggers fired from 70' - 90' down and the wire dipsey's were @ a 2 setting 180' - 250' out. The 250' line was the best. Temp was 80 - 100' down and as usual this year the fish were hitting on the warmer side of it. We had a great time today and it looks like the Kings are here to stay. BTW: First time w/ my new 500' copper set up from Atomik today. After an hour it was tangled in the dipsey. 300' of it ended up in the bucket for a long fix at home. Good luck pops!
  8. Awesome job! Thanks for the report.
  9. Stinger and stingray ( NBK & FIRE FROG)
  10. Talk about your WET DREAM!
  11. If you fart in the hose of a vacume can you shut it off and then open the bag to smell it later?
  12. #2 is brown and #1 is yellow.
  13. 30# is just about no match for them tiny PITA's anymore.
  14. Keith, I don't have it? I think gator has my #
  15. Their were 6 or 7 of us in that august derby. I think we took most if not all the $. Bob, I'm not sure where your getting your facts from but, this looks like a done deal anyways. That's alright. Keith, I already have the ball rolling w/ rob and gary so far. I have ideas also about raffles for $ and hopefully sponsor prizes for at the weigh-in. PM me your phone # and I'll run it by ya and see what you think. I'm sure if a few of us pitch in with the details we can have a good turn out and a good time. Bob, no big deal, you do a lot for the fishery that we take part in anyways.
  16. Bad banana's kill people. Winner!
  17. Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
  18. All sold. Thanks guys.
  19. My ear is already warming up!
  20. We never have a problem w/ 20# flea flicker. I also add about 10' of 15# mono at the end for leader. I keep 2 rods w/o a leader for when I run my flashers and 3 rods w/ leaders for the spoons. BTW: DON'T get the 30# flea flicker.
  21. Gator, If he needs a ride, let me know. I'm sure he can't stink up the boat as much as I can.
×
×
  • Create New...