-
Posts
13,929 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Sk8man
-
-
-
-
WTB Lead Weights for Seth Green
Sk8man replied to Steeliechase's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Steeliechase you have a PM -
WTB Lead Weights for Seth Green
Sk8man replied to Steeliechase's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Contact Troutman87 on here. He has great 40 oz. weights for very reasonable price -
-
-
And it will happen no matter what the weight if the current is strong and/or your boat speed provides substantial resistance. It is just that some weight designs give less resistance than others.
-
I like the RAM mount just have to get the right one for the particular finder.My X4D and Finder are located right in front of me next to each other so I can process both at once but depending on how much room you have and the size of finder you should play with things before permanently mounting to make sure of all the spacing concerns. I have a friend that has his finder located too near the steering wheel and each time when with him and I have to make a steering adjustment I get my hand scraped Being able to adjust to numerous angles is important. (e.g sun and others being able to monitor)
-
Some folks have gone to heavier weights in general which may help with frequent strong current on Lake O etc, but they can also put a significant strain on older equipment and some downrigger motors. The shark type weights do help control blowback to some degree because of the shape regardless of weight. If you don't do a lot of downrigging below 100 ft. the 12's should be OK at normal speeds. I normally use 10 lb shark type weights and they create less blowback than 12 lb round weights I tried out. If you do decide to switch shapes check out the weights from bikinibottom here on LOU or troutman87 torpedo weights less expensive but in my view just as effective as more expensive brands.
-
I believe catch and release is OK until season opener third Saturday in June. Haven't fished for them "on purpose" in years I think most of the largemouths will be found at the extreme north end of the lake from there.
-
Just a heads up on the bass. The season isn't open yet Well into June before it opens. Many of the perch may still be within 15 ft. of water right now. launch at Deans and head north all along the shoreline and keep your eyes open for schools. small jigs with minnow or spikes (maggots) fished either as drop shot or from pencil bobbers or drag the jig along bottom with small plastics. Drift until you find a school then stay out away from them and cast back toward them. Try to minimize noise especially when the anchor goes in if you anchor up near a school. The water can be quite clear much of the time so they spook easily. Hope for (and look for ) murky but not muddy water.
-
Wanted Bare Solid Copper 20 Gauge
Sk8man replied to backcountry78's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
If Colicino (sp?) Electric is still in NewarK check with them. I used to get it there. -
Bass Fishing near Brockport - need any help I can get
Sk8man replied to BennSmith's topic in Bass Fishing
Don't overlook the canal right there in town. I used to operate the Main Street and Park Ave bridges when I went to college there. The section that is west of the Main Street bridge was best and it was just a matter of casting off the edge near the path that runs along it; It was best in the evening. crank baits or jigs with Mr. Twisters or Rattle Traps. Another place fairly nearby is Adams Basin near the bridge there. A few nice smallies there. It was a long time ago that I fished it but I have talked with people that live near there recently and the bass are still in there. It can vary from year to year though because sometimes they drain the canal for maintenance during the off season. -
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
-
for sale : usa Looking for this spoon
Sk8man replied to hookedupf7's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
East of Irondequoit Bay 5/18
Sk8man replied to Hillside's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Nice going John -
-
-
-
John - If memory serves me correctly the max recommended weight for the 10A's (which I have also) is 10 lbs. They are pretty slow even with the 10 lb weights....I'm thinking maybe if you've been using the 12 lb weights for some time the motor itself may be worn down too. I would imagine someone on here has some 10A 's with other problems perhaps and the motor is still intact. Might want to ask right in the classifieds. I enjoy your posts by the way.
-
There are a lot of really good charter captains on here and I'm sure that nearly any of them would be great sources of information if approached with that in mind. It could be helpful to formulate some questions in advance and let them know this in advance of the charter date and engage them in conversation when not actively engaged in critical activities (e.g. navigating in traffic, rigging equipment, making sonar adjustments etc.) Although this seems like common sense not everyone exercises the proper mutual respect these days
-
Good info... also on the west side near Canoga out from Parker Road where it starts dropping off (about 18 ft or so starts it probably stay to the north of it)
-
Have one custom made with supportive material over any stress points made from acrylic material and don't look back. Mine has been on for 17 seasons and still looks brand new. Sometimes you get what you pay for and this in one of those situations To keep it well protected and waterproof use 3M Scotchguard spray on it.







