Lake level

Anyone else paying attention to what’s going on with the St Lawrence outflows?    Get ready for high water!  The Ottawa is raging so they have drastically cutback the outflow.  Last year at this time it was over 8,000.  

74A1B4D0-7605-4B9E-836E-E53B22D5D92D.png

• Like 2

It is easy to look at this and come to conclusions, ,but if I remember well the 2017 level was a lot higher to begin with. Besides , a lot of work has been done to prevent the damage done in 2017 from happening again and at least a few large  launches ,like Oswego and Irondequoit  have been raised a few feet. This time around it seems that we are better prepared.

33 minutes ago, rolmops said:

It is easy to look at this and come to conclusions, ,but if I remember well the 2017 level was a lot higher to begin with. Besides , a lot of work has been done to prevent the damage done in 2017 from happening again and at least a few large  launches ,like Oswego and Irondequoit  have been raised a few feet. This time around it seems that we are better prepared.

If the water gets much higher, Sandy Creek boat launch will be closed.  The water is right to the bottom of the docks already.  They prepared for it in some area but not all…..  Here is a pic of the outflows cutback more.  

D9CEF808-C010-44E3-8B99-95BA921CBC68.png

I thought 2017 flooding was blamed for the 11” of rain in May?

Did Montreal do anything for upgrades? NYS people paid (some got reimbursed) for upgrades to some break walls but thats only part of it and they only hold back waves not water. Houses, roads and utilities were not raised so most will have issues. Not to mention no wake, waterfront businesses suffering etc. 

Wasn't last year low but kept ok for later in summer? Wild how it can be all over the place since the new plan (5yrs) but before  decades of good levels with nature casing some issues here and there. 

Any free sandbags?