We went 6 for 8.  Largest was a 21lb 4oz salmon (caught on a yellow tail moonshine), higher on the line with a fixed cheater at the same time we had an 18" salmon (nbk); my buddy thought he was tangled on a dipsey.  The last fish of the day was a 12 lb 1 oz steelhead.  At one point we only had two of the six lines in.  One of the lost ones ripped the dipsy as we were deploying it (fought it for two long runs, then it ran at the boat and I was not ready for it [stupid mistake]).  Caught another steelhead after our dipsy snagged the 8 color and I was hand lining the lead out as I was pulling the board to the boat to get untangled.  All but the last fish were caught in 325' or more anywhere from 65' to 80' down.  NBK and a Blue/Glow NBK Stinrays took the most hits.  We had to work to get the last three fish.  Temp was 50 degrees down to 80 feet so we kept searching for the water we wanted for the fish.

I did not get a good picture of the steelhead to show the size (2nd pic).

IMG_2094.thumb.jpg.7bb6d69198ee487ee97f1635455f3891.jpg 

IMG_2102.thumb.jpg.4eb1724fa8df5c0365cb85b9ead543eb.jpg

Edited by Hillside
changed "5 for 7" to "6 for 8"
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Frogger said:

Way to go John, dialing them in!

Thanks Mike.  It has been a slow frustrating process for us this year, but it is a process (I am not quite like you and the time you put in on Seneca though).

• Like 1