Ibay where did the fish go?

The past two trips were skunks. The screen is blank, water temp is 77* on top, 65* at 65 down, and 52* at 75 down. Yesterday I started at 100 off of Dewey Ave and headed back home. Trolled out to 200 and back into 100 off Ibay. Marked only a few bait pods at 100. No fish at all. Had one release with nothing there. Lots of grass in the water so it could have been that. I think my next trip out will be 300, 400, 500 looking for fish. They are no longer in close as far as I can tell. Today with the crap weather I have all new downrigger terminal stuff that came in yesterday. I bought the Scottys used a few years back so I am cutting off 3 feet and terminating all new ends with new ball snaps and bumpers and finally the rope to pull the cable to the boat to access the releases without having to always swing the rigger into the boat. All new releases as my Roemer releases are getting retired for the new Scotty ones and some new Chamberlain releases. I have never used ball snubbers, I purchased 2 Scotty #370s and my Cannon balls are 12#ers (any advice on these snubbers I will take, they scare me it's like a mechanical fuse and buffer in one, but a lost ball is $100 at Sportsman's I don't want to lose one of the balls because a snubber broke). Enjoy the rainy Saturday.

I found the fish in 600. I found them as I had to head back to the dock around 6:30 so I did not have time to figure them out. Managed 2, one was awesome and managed to rip the split ring and hook off a new Koyote Ugly spoon. The other was a 5lb fish. The screen was alive with fish and bait for a change. The fish that hit all came off the bottom lines at 100. Lots of fish marked at 65 and down to 100. I covered the spread as good as I could with solo program and 3 rods. 

20230730_173937.jpg

• Like 1

Its comforting to know you are not alone!  Slow weekend for us too.  We were stupid enough to be out there last Saturday with the thunderstorms looming around us.  Managed to hook up a small king before we headed back with a big thunderbolt striking the lake in the NE direction.

Sunday - we boated two nice kings 18# and 20# front of webster in 120-140 FOW and lost three fish on dipsey set up. Hot bites were glow frog spinny on 280 wire out. Rigger took a black spoon bite from 20# king.