Loaded the boat to fish Conesus this morning. Double checked the wind/wave forecast on Lake O and I liked the early window so I did a quick 4:30 am flip. Great screen a touch east of the bay. Ended 4 for 5 before the lake started rolling. Fished a narrow slice of water from 129-134 fow. Bite temperature was a bit higher than is typical (56 degrees) down 75-85 feet. First fish was on a glow spoon and others were on NBK and Dirty White Boy. For bigger fish I clear all my rods and balls as I am solo. It was a bit unnerving watching the reel wind down and down and down and then
get slack for a bit. All is well that ends…

IMG_2036.jpeg

IMG_2033.jpeg

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2038.jpeg

IMG_2027.jpeg

Edited by java
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am in Fairport and have always fished Braddocks. Not sure why, maybe I just got comfy with the launch. This summer I committed to “figuring” out Irondequoit. What I have definitely determined: Yes on browns and yes on lakers. 

Java, I agree with your "yes" on browns and lakers.  I see a lot of people fishing for lakers.  I dock at Mayer's at the outlet to I-Bay so I cruise over on the water.  It's not a bad ride if the lake is relatively calm.  

PeaLaunch Rates
    Peak Season   April 15th-October 15th $10 weekdays $18 weekends
    Off Season   October 15th-April 15th $6 everyday
    Season Launching Pass $219k Season   April 15th-October 15th $10 weekdays $18 weekends 
    Off Season   October 15th-April 15th $6 everyday
    Season Launching Pass $219

Edited by J.D.