Food Plot 2023

whaler1

Matt (Bosun Cowboy) tilled up my backyard plot today. Planted my seeds and am now hoping for a decent rain. Fawn must be looking forward to a lot of tasty meals, he followed me around while I seeded. Love watching it grow and the deer it pulls in. 

IMG_5058.png

IMG_5056.jpeg

IMG_5053.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Went with a plot screen (Northwoods Whitetail HD Screen) this year and installed a new .5 acre brassica plot in the middle of my property. Screened off a few other plots and i think it will pay off this year. Brassicas are the Northwoods Sweet Feast. Couple pics from my plots. 

One with the blind is just a pure clover plot, no screen as it’s isolated enough. All the others have the screen you can see in the background. 

IMG_7593.jpeg

IMG_7583.jpeg

IMG_7577.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

You were planting no till into buckwheat for a few years...what was the final take on that? Continued or moved on? We should really hook up for property tours, being so close to each other.

On 9/4/2023 at 12:29 PM, Gator said:

You were planting no till into buckwheat for a few years...what was the final take on that? Continued or moved on? We should really hook up for property tours, being so close to each other.

Final take on that process was that it worked super well! I just did not do that this year due to time constraints but I still did no till (controlled weeds with chemicals) and it is working very very well. I would definitely give you a tour of the place, just have to iron out your availability!

14 hours ago, idn713 said:

Final take on that process was that it worked super well! I just did not do that this year due to time constraints but I still did no till (controlled weeds with chemicals) and it is working very very well. I would definitely give you a tour of the place, just have to iron out your availability!

Availability? What availability lol? It's just crazy how busy things are, all the time. Self-inflicted wounds though -- ie, headed to ADK for a week of climbing and paddling soon. And don't even talk to me about treestands or clearing shooting lanes.

I think that we are in the midst of some strange astrophysical time compression thing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gator said:

Availability? What availability lol? It's just crazy how busy things are, all the time. Self-inflicted wounds though -- ie, headed to ADK for a week of climbing and paddling soon. And don't even talk to me about treestands or clearing shooting lanes.

I think that we are in the midst of some strange astrophysical time compression thing.

Hahaha Amen, I feel like this summer has just been insane.