Day after a cold front...Perfectly clear sky...wind from the east, fishing is least...

BULL FEATHERS!

Launched solo at the river at 6.  Took a left toward the ponds. Put in at 80 FOW.  Lots (and I mean lots) of bait suspended in 93-95FOW.  Worked about 90 to about 130FOW.  Thinking there is a pretty good upwelling in the making this morning.  At 2 3/4 downspeed (2.7 GPS) speed with 75 ft of cable out in 110FOW had 54F down but at same speed & cable out in 85 had 42F. 

8-28-23a.thumb.jpg.f2134e9edad5ce0e78fe2598283309f2.jpg

Anyways,  3 shakers and 2 respectable. (14 & 22 Lbs) All on mupped rigger down 55, running purple spooks.  All above temp & hitting freeking hard!  (even the little ones made the reels take off)

Bigger one wasn't all that long, but I don't think I've ever seen such a fatty!  Thinking she was sniffing the creeks & ready to make the run real soon.  Smaller one was still silver but just beginning to show brown towards the tail.  Bigger one had a lampry mark, others all clean.

8-28-23d.thumb.jpg.6fcdc620ef044186e170f07a287d0a8d.jpg

8-28-23g.thumb.JPG.145b07cb9da2df81828f896345aa304c.JPG

I don't think the bigger one survived, even though I tried to resusitate it, as she had lost a bit of blood.  All the others flipped me off and swam away.

Off at 10:30 as the wind was picking up.

Luck to all.

Tom B.
(LongLine)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reeltrout said:

Some nice fish there! I'm planning to head out of Braddocks or Sandy tomorrow. Has anyone been ofshore lately?  Wondering if thats still the best fishing, I would consider running out a ways tomorrow if it's nice.

Yes I hear they are banging them good out there along the border.

• Like 1