Wanted WTB : Starcraft Islander Hardtop with outboard motor

Very hard to find especially now that the newest of the Islanders, Sylvan Offshores, or Crestliners is now approaching twenty years old.   I owned a 1990 Sylvan Offshore and I pondered purchasing a new outboard model of these in the mid 1990s and also in the early 2000s when Crestliner was going to stop making them and it was hard to find when they were new.  Just offering insight.  

starcraft-islander-221-io-39668070082857694949686855664568x.jpgThere are attachments in the market (E-bay) that can be bolted onto any of these boats. They stick out about 2 feet and you would have to strengthen the transom to support these. The last Starcraft Islanders were 22 footers with the attachment which turned them into 24 footers. They are available for just main engine and also for main and kicker.You can buy them online. The overall weight of the boat would not differ much since you would remove the I/O and the the engine which together weigh about 700 pounds. The center of gravity changes a lot and I doubt that towing long distance would be an option. The good thing is that you will no longer have a dog house which gives you a lot of extra room in the back of the boat. The attachments are aluminum .

Edited by rolmops

11 hours ago, PA Matt said:

What was the Crestliner comparable model to the Islander? What would be involved in some day converting these boats from I/O to an outboard?

Crestliner Sabre 21'-27' from Mid 80's till early 90's then became the Eagle WA. not really uncommon. However the 21' was the most common w/outboard. Sometimes with the SST transom.

And don't forget Lund although generally the HT's are I/O.

Also Sea Nymph but I don't recall a HT model.

Edited by Shakemsam

If into face book , try market place , 500 mile distance from your place , Crestliner/Sabre or Starcraft/Islander , may bring up some ! But , beware of scammers , they want you to click on # that they send to your phone/computer , allows them access to your electronic stuff !